This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Optimization of Diesel Injectors Using Computer Aided Technique
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1988 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Optimization of diesel injection system using computer aided design involves complex high speed, high pressure hydraulic transient process calculation. To find the fuel discharge characteristic from injector, the fuel pumping process is first computed based on the design parameters of the injection pump. Then, knowing the forward propagating pressure wave, the dynamic response of the injector is calculated resulting in the fuel discharge process. However, if the forward pressure wave could be precisely measured instead of being calculated, and then substituted into the computer program the total calculation procedure would be substantially reduced. In this paper, a computer controlled data acquisition system with high sampling rate was used to record the fuel pumping process in a specially made long pipe to avoid distortion by the reflected pressure wave. This method is convenient, quite accurate and can save the time of computer simulation.
CitationKrepec, T. and To, C., "Optimization of Diesel Injectors Using Computer Aided Technique," SAE Technical Paper 881855, 1988, https://doi.org/10.4271/881855.
- Pischinger. A. Gemischbildung und Verbrennung in Dieselmotor Springer Verlag Wien 1957
- Allievi. A. Allgemeine Theorie über die Veränderliche Bewegung des Wassers in Leitungen Julius Springer Berlin 1909
- Knight, M. “Fuel Injection System Calculations,” The Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Proceedings 1 1960-1961
- Becchi, G.H. “Analytical Simulation of Fuel Injection in Diesel Engines,” SAE, Paper No. 710568 1971
- Wylie, E.B. Bolt, J.A. El-Erian, H.F. “Diesel Fuel Injection System Simulation and Experimental Correlation,” SAE, Paper No. 710569 1971
- To, C.H. “Fuel Discharge Rate in Diesel Engine. Calculation Method,” Concordia University, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Fluid Control Centre Report No. FCC-OG57 1982
- To, C.H. “An Analytical and Experimental Study on Diesel Injectors Design,” Department of Mechanical Engineering of Concordia University Montreal 1986