This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Anti-Lock Braking System for Commercial Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1988 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Commercial vehicles must convey people and goods safely and reliable, irrespective of the weather and road conditions. The ABS safety braking systems are an essential prerequisite for fulfillment of this primary task. ABS has been used in European commercial vehicles since 1981. Today there are already fittet as standard in buses to some extend. The contribution to increasing road safety is causing the European lawmakers to make ABS statutory for commercial vehicles and to make it part of their compulsory equipment.
Suitable anti-lock braking systems and closed loop configurations for commercial vehicles are demonstrated by theoretical observations and technical driving trials, their axlespecific and closed-loop control characteristics are highlighted.
|Technical Paper||Practical Considerations of North American Heavy Vehicle Air Brake Antilock Systems|
|Technical Paper||Antilock Brake Systems for the North America Truck Market|
CitationDecker, H., Emig, R., and Goebels, H., "Anti-Lock Braking System for Commercial Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 881821, 1988, https://doi.org/10.4271/881821.
- Hoefer, G. Goebels, H. “Antiskid System for Commercial Vehicles” Bosch Technischer Bericht 7
- Maisch, W. Schramm, H. “Further Development of the Antilock Braking System for Commercial Vehicles with Compressed Air Brakes” Int. Conference on Antilock Braking Systems for Road Vehicles Sept. 1985 IMechE London
- Goebels. H. Möller, H. Schramm, H. “ABS - Highly Flexible Modular System for Commercial Vehicles” SAE Paper 852326
- Oppenheimer, P. “Antilock Braking Regulations” SAE Paper 860507
- Decker, H. Emig, R. Grauel, I. Engfer, O. “State of the Art and Future Prospects of Braking Control in Europe” SAE Paper 861962
- NN “Bosch Automotive Handbook” SAE 0-89883-518-6
- Otte, D. Appel, H. Suren, G. “Unfälle mit Beteiligung von Nutzkraftfahrzeugen - Einfluß von Automatischen Blockierverhinderern” VDI Berlchte
- Decker, H. Emig, R. Schramm, H. “Traction Control (ASH) for Commercial Vehicles, a further step towards safety on our roads” SAE Paper 872272