This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
System Integration for New Mobility
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 01, 1988 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Demands for Faster, safer, and more comfortable mobility under various road, weather and/or driving conditions have led to advanced engineering Features, such as 4WD, 4WS, and ABS.
However, simple combination of these advanced components tend to induce the deterioration of the vehicle performance under certain conditions due to the interference among the related functions.
This paper describes these conflicting areas and proposes newly developed integrated system in an effort to achieve the compatibility of each function among 4WD, 4 independent suspensions, 4WS, and ABS.
The integrated system of these advanced engineering features has resulted safer and faster mobility in reasonably higher cost efficiency by the sophisticated system construction.
CitationMitamura, R., Tani, M., Tanaka, T., and Yuasa, M., "System Integration for New Mobility," SAE Technical Paper 881773, 1988, https://doi.org/10.4271/881773.
- Tani Masanorl Yuasa Hiroo Isoda Keiji Controllability and Stability of Various Types of Four Wheel Drive Cars SAE 870542
- Brewer H.K. Design and Performance Aspects of Antlock Brake Control System, Frictional Interaction of Tire and Pavement ASTM STP 793 1983
- Tanaka Tadao Tani Masanori Yuasa Hiroo Miruro Tetsusi Yoshida Hiroaki Active Control Technology For Passenger Car FISITA 885105
- Yuasa Hiroo Tani Masanorl Funakoshi Takeshi Anti-skid brake system for four wheel drive cars Proceeding of international Conference on All Wheel Drive 0-85298-588-6
- Yoshida Hiroaki Nishimori Masayoshi Mitsui Takeshi Handling Characteristics of Four-Wheel-Steering Cars JSAE Review 9 3
- Flegl H. Foldi Th. Witte L. Handling Characteristics of Four Wheel Drive Vehicles Proc. 8th 1AVSD Symposium Aug. 1983
- Abe M. A Theoretical Analysis on Vehicle Cornering Behaviors in Acceleration and in Braking Proc. 9th IAVSD Symposium June 1985
- Richter B. Maretzke J. Traction and Directional Control of 4WD Passenger Cars Proceeding of International All Wheel Drive Conference 1988 0-85298-588-6
- Leinfeilner H. Lanzer H. Sommer D. Allradsysteme im Vergleich, AAchener Kolloquium Fahrzeug und Motorenteohnik Oct. 1987
- Kodama Y. Shibata M. Aklyama T. 4WD Vehicle Behavior During Braking in a Turn 11th ESV 1987
- Hackenberg U. Kombiniertes Lastwechsel-Lenkverhalten von pkw, Automobli-Industrie 3 1984
- Sano S. Furukawa V. Shiraishi S. “Four-Wheel Steering System with Rear Wheel Steer Angle Controlled as a Function of Steering Wheel Angle,” SAE Paper No. 860625
- Shibahata Y. Irie N. Itoh H. Nakamura K. “The Development of an Experimental Four-Wheel Steering Vehicle,” SAE Paper No. 880623
- Takiguchi T. Yasuda N. Furutani S. Kanazawa H. Inoue H. “Improvement of Vehicle Dynamics by Vehicle-Speed-Sensing Front-Wheel Steering System,” SAE Paper No. 860624
- Nakaya H. Oguchi Y. “Characteristics of Four-Wheel Steering Vehicle and Its Future Prospects,” JSAE Review 7 1 70 77 April 1986
- Fukunaga Y. Irie N. Kuroki J. Sugasawa F. “Improved Handling and Stability using Four-Wheel Steering,” The 11th International Conference on Experimental Technical Safety Vehicles Washington, D.C. May 12-15, 1987
- Bernard J. E. Vanderploeg M. J. Shannan J. E. “Linear Analysis of a Vehicle with Four-Wheel Steering,” SAE proceedings 1988