This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Multipurpose Tractor Hydraulic Fluids Field Test-Used-Oil Analysis and its Significance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1988 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A field test of one commercial oil and two self-formulated oils with two different viscosity grade was conducted on 31 tractors. The key properties for monitoring used-oil degradation are viscosity, IR spectrum, wear metals, water and silicon contents. TAN and insolubles did not change significantly during service. The models capable of characterizing used-oil properties are proposed. The warning limits are established and the relationships between bench tests and field performance are also discussed.
|Technical Paper||A METHOD of Predicting LIFE of Tractor BEARINGS|
|Technical Paper||Water-Glycol Hydraulic Fluid Performance Monitoring: Fluid Performance and Analysis Strategy|
CitationWang, S., Chang, S., Lin, C., and Kuo, L., "Multipurpose Tractor Hydraulic Fluids Field Test-Used-Oil Analysis and its Significance," SAE Technical Paper 881618, 1988, https://doi.org/10.4271/881618.
- Rein S.W. Randall N.P. Marshall H.T. Lewis B.J. “A mathmatical Technique for Comparing Shear Stability in Bench Tests and Service” SAE Paper 77063
- Kopko R.J. Stambaugh R.L. “Effect of VI Improver on the In-Service Viscosity of Hydraulic Fluids” SAE Paper 750693
- Rein S. W. Alexander D.L. Cryvoff S.A. Dahlstorm M. A. “Investigations of Engine Oil Shear Stability in Laboratory Tests and Road Tests” SAE Paper 872129
- Coates John P. Setti Lynn C. McCaa Burwell B. “The Analytical and Statistical Evaluation of Infrared Spectroscopic Data from Used Diesel Lubricants” SAE Paper 841373
- Coates J.P. Setti L.C. “Condition Monitoring of Crankcase Oils Using Computer Aided Infrared Spectroscopy” SAE Paper 831681
- Wooton D. L. Lawrence B. J. Damrath J. G. “Infrared Analysis of Duty Diesel Engine Oils” SAE Paper 841372
- Asseff P. A. “Used Engine Oil Analyses” SAE Paper 770642
- O'Hara J. P. Sarkis A. B. Kennedy W.A. “Equipment Protection Through Customized Oil Analysis” SAE Paper 730745
- Thompson J. L. Vienna P. C. “Significance of Used Oil Analysis for Tractor Hydraulic Fluids” SAE Paper 750855
- Cave Wayne H. Michael M.I. “A New Look at Multipurpose Power Transmission Fluids” SAE Paper 870357
- Mayer Richard J. “Tractor Gear Lubrication and Testing” NLGI Meeting Kansas October 1983
- Wang S.D. Chang S.T. “A Study of Water Tolerance and Effect of Water Contamination on Tractor Hydraulic Fluids” Chinese Petroleum Corp. Yearly Report Taiwan 1987