This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Comparison of the Fatigue Lives of Polyvinylchloride & Steel Welds
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 1988 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes the results of a series of fatigue studies relating the lives of several weld geometries. Rotating beam and axially loaded specimens were used. A comparison between steel and plastic (polyvinylchloride scale models is made. Using plastic scale models of welded structures for fatigue life determination is the ultimate goal of this work.
CitationHimmelein, M., "A Comparison of the Fatigue Lives of Polyvinylchloride & Steel Welds," SAE Technical Paper 880818, 1988, https://doi.org/10.4271/880818.
- Harvey H. E. “Model Analysis Aids Designer” Machine Design January 1948 120 12l
- Penn R. C. Pickford H. R. “Predicting Metal Stresses from Plastic Models” SAE Paper No. 543A 1962
- Ozker M. S. Smith J. O. “Models Solve Turbine Foundation Vibration Problems” Electric Light and Power Novmeber 15 1958 70 72 149 150
- Caterpillar Tractor Report University of Illinois
- Boltaron 1050, Type I, Class 1 PVC Diversitech General Plastic Film Division Newcomerstown, Ohio 43832