This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Unique 190-Ton Dumper Suspension System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 1988 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An improved hydraulic suspension strut has been developed for applications on large mining dumpers. This dramatically improves the isolation of the structural components and operator from dynamic haul road effects and thus, increases productivity and machine life.
The performance requirements of a suspension system are defined with a discussion of the development of a 190-ton dumper hydraulic suspension strut.
CitationGady, R., "A Unique 190-Ton Dumper Suspension System," SAE Technical Paper 880817, 1988, https://doi.org/10.4271/880817.
- Soltis M.W. Programmed Suspension Provides Ride Control SAE Journal, Automotive Engineering 95 2 122 132 1987
- McClelland J.E. Elastomeric Suspensions with Geometric Spring Rates for Off-Highway Vehicles SAE manuscript 700738 1970
- Eaton L. That Hydrair Affair SAE manuscript 568A 1962
- Naft M.H. Seabase P.P. Applying the Pressure to a Liquid Spring Off Highway Truck Suspension SAE manuscript 770768 1977
- McMregor R.R. Silicones and Their Uses New York McGraw-Hill Book Co. 1954
- Naft M.H. Integration of Component Design for a 170 Ton Off-Highway Truck SAE manuscript 770741 1977
- Deslandes J.V. Marshall, G.A. “Factors Affecting Structural Fatigue Damage of Mine Haul Trucks” Aus. I.M.M/I.E. Aust Newman Combined Group Large Open Pit Mining Conference