This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
SAE Test Program on Cumulative Damage for Hydraulic Hose Assemblies
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1988 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An increased interest in analysis of serviceable life for high pressure hydraulic hose assemblies subjected to variable amplitude pressure has developed recently. In 1985 the SAE hydraulic hose subcommittee appointed a Task Force to study the subject of Cumulative Damage Analysis for Hydraulic Hose Assemblies. Results from a “Round Robin” impulse test program conducted by the Task Force were used to develop Pressure-Life curves. The paper shows how this data and recorded pressure histories can be used as input for a Cumulative Damage Analysis Procedure to predict the fatigue life of a hydraulic hose assembly in service.
|Technical Paper||Using a Hose Life Prediction Program|
|Technical Paper||Wire Braid Angle Response Characteristics in Hydraulic Hose|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Test Procedures for Non-SAE Hydraulic Hoses|
CitationBerns, H., Linger, O., and May, R., "SAE Test Program on Cumulative Damage for Hydraulic Hose Assemblies," SAE Technical Paper 880713, 1988, https://doi.org/10.4271/880713.
- SAE Handbook Hydraulic Hose SAE J517 JUN 86
- SAE Handbook Tests and Procedures for 100R Series Hydraulic Hose and Hose Assemblies SAE J343
- SAE Handbook Selection, Installation and Maintenance of Hose and Hose Assemblies SAE J1273 MAY 86
- Berns H. D. Lobmeyer R. J. Cumulative Damage Analysis for Hydraulic Hoses , Paper No. 861297 (Reprinted from SAE SP-679, Fluid Power Technology and Systems ) Presented at the SAE International Off-Highway and Powerplant Congress & Exposition Milwaukee, WI September 1986
- Berns H. D. Testing and Design Application Procedures for Hydraulic Hose Assemblies Paper No. 760684 presented at the SAE Off-Highway Vehicle Meeting Milwaukee, WI September 1976
- SAE Handbook Flex-Impulse Test Procedure for Hydraulic Hose Assemblies SAE J1405 MAY 1986
- Handbook of Stress and Strength Lipson Juvinall MacMillan Company New York 1963
- SAE SP-410 On-Line Data Acquisition and Reduction in the Field presented at the SAE Off-Highway Vehicle meeting Milwaukee, WI September 1976
- Johnson L. G. A nalysis of Fatigue Data by Means of the Weilmll Distribution General Motors Report April 1958