This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Influence of Vehicle Deceleration Curve on Dummy Injury Criteria
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1988 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper discusses the influence of variations in the vehicle deceleration curve on dummy injury criteria for a passive seat belt-restrained dummy using MVMA-2D crash victim simulation and sled tests for frontal crash analysis.
The MVMA-2D simulation and sled tests verified that the vehicle deceleration curve exhibiting the higher Residual Deformation (RD) produces smaller dummy injury criteria. Also, using MVMA-2D simulation, the peak levels of the first and second waves were changed as parameters to ensure accurate evaluation of the influence of the deceleration curve on dummy injury criteria.
Moreover, this paper also discusses Nissan's use of both occupant kinematic simulation and vehicle structural sisulation for frontal crash in the development of its vehicles.
CitationIshii, K. and Yamanaka, I., "Influence of Vehicle Deceleration Curve on Dummy Injury Criteria," SAE Technical Paper 880612, 1988, https://doi.org/10.4271/880612.
- “Characterization of Vehicle Deceleration Time Histories in the Analysis of Impact Dynamics”. Huang M., Lawson G.P., Powell B.K., walker J.H., 1977. SAE 770013
- “Occupant Protection in Car-to-Car impacts”. Fischer R.G., 1974. SAE 740316
- “Study on the Ride-Down Evaluation”. Katou H., Nakahama R., 9th International ESV Conference, 1982
- “Dynamic Response of a Belted Dummy-A Computer Analysis of Crash Pulse Variation” Lundell B., 1984. SAE 840401
- “A Method How to Estimate the Crash worthiness of Body Construction”, Aya N., 6th International ESV Conference
- “Relation Between Vehicle Front-End Stiffness and Dummy Injury During Collision” Matsushita K.. Morita S., 11th International ESV Conference, 1987
- “MVMA Two-Dimensional Crash Victim Simulation, Version 4, Vol.I-III”, Bowman B.M., Bennett R.O., Robbins D.H., HSRI, Univ. Mich., 1979
- “An occupant Movement Analysis Using Improved Imput Data for MVMA-2D Simulation” Shimamura M.. Omura H.. Isobe H., 1987. SAE 870332
- “Analytical Technique for Predicting Crash Response of Car Body Structural Components and its Application” Nakamura K., Wakasa Y., 1984. SAE 840450
- “PAM-CRASH User's Manual, Version 10.0” Engineering System International GMBH