This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A New Series of Timing and Injection Rate Control Systems-Ad-Tics and P-Tics
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1988 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents a new series of Timing and Injection Rate Control Systems: AD-TICS and P-TICS, for medium and heavy duty DI diesel engines. These TIC systems are equipped with a new concept of variable pumping rate, which is realized by controlling the prestrokes of the pumping elements.
First, the outline of these new injection systems will be briefly described, showing the basic constructions and the range of applications, with some diagrams and schemata.
Secondly, the injection characteristics of the jerk injection system will be clarified by simulation calculations, comparing the pump-pipe-nozzle with the unit injector. Calculation results will enable a comprehensive interpretation of the behavior of such injection characteristics as injection pressure, duration, etc., ie, in accordance with the pumping rate, dead volume, and nozzle orifice area, etc..
Furthermore, detailed characteristics obtained using AD-TICS and P-TICS will be shown. Major discussion points are:
- Injection pressure level attained
- Injection rate pattern
- Relation between injection timing, injection rate, and spray penetration
- Dynamic characteristics of timing and metering
CitationIshiwata, H. and Okubo, H., "A New Series of Timing and Injection Rate Control Systems-Ad-Tics and P-Tics," SAE Technical Paper 880491, 1988, https://doi.org/10.4271/880491.
- Nishizawa K. Ishiwata H. Yamaguchi S. “A New Concept of Diesel Fuel Injection-Timing and Injection Rate Control System” S.A.E. Paper 870434
- Nishizawa K. Ishiwata H. Okamoto K. “Electronic Control of Diesel In-Line injection Pump - Analysis and Design” S.A.E. Paper 860144
- Cartellieri W.P. Watcher W.F. “Status Report on a Preliminary Survey of Strategies to Meet US-1991 HD Diesel Emission Standards Without Exhaust Gas Aftertreatment” S.A.E. Paper 870542
- Ishida A. Kanamoto T. Kurihara S. “Improvements of Exhaust Gas Emissions and Cold Startability of Heavy Duty Diesel Engines by New Injection-Rate-Control Pump” S.A.E. Paper 861236
- Yokota K. Hattori H. Shimizu M. Furukawa H. “A High BMEP diesel engine with variable geometry turbocharger” IME C119/86 1986