This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The GOETZE Cylinder Distortion Measurement System and the Possibilities of Reducing Cylinder Distortions
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1988 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The GOETZE bore distortion measurement system “Messfix”, or “Incometer, was brought into service in 1973. The advantages of this measurement system are described, with particular emphasis on the mathematical editing of the data — an essential prerequisite for determining different influence factors and implementing carefully targeted measures.
Solutions for minimization of the bore distortion of open-deck and closed-deck engines based on years of experience are presented with the aid of examples. The characteristic distortion features of both engine designs and their causes are discussed.
Finally, possibilities of evaluating the bore distortion of an engine by way of comparison or specific tests are outlined.
CitationLoenne, K. and Ziemba, R., "The GOETZE Cylinder Distortion Measurement System and the Possibilities of Reducing Cylinder Distortions," SAE Technical Paper 880142, 1988, https://doi.org/10.4271/880142.
- Dueck G. E. Beyer H. Mierbach A. GOETZE AG Piston Ring Handbook 1977
- Loenne K. The Effects of Engine Operating Conditions on Static Cylinder Distortions Technical Paper D7 GOETZE AG
- Loenne K. Majewski K. P. The Sliding Cylinder Head Gasket: A Solution for High-Duty Engines Technical Paper D10 GOETZE AG
- Loenne K. Majewski K. P. Newman B. A. The Sliding Cylinder Head Gasket: A Solution for High-Duty Engines SAE International Congress and Exposition SAE Paper 840 190 1984
- Maus K. H. Optimizing Cylinder Head Gasket Clamping Technical Paper D9 GOETZE AG