This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Navigation System with the V25 (CPU) and the IDP (Intelligent Display Controller)
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 08, 1987 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
AS THE GREAT PROGRESS in electronics technology is achievd, electronization in automotive systems is quickly advancing to satisfy the demands in various applications
These applications are;
- (1) Engine control system designed to deliver the engine's full capacity, while clearing every industrial standards.
- (2) Anti-skidding control system together with safety-system designed to provide the maximum safety for drivers.
- (3) Auto-cruise control system, transmission control system, and navigation system designed for easy driving.
- (4) Auto-air condition control system designed for comfortable driving.
Electronization, in which microprocessors are, involved, gives a limitless number of applications, including those mentioned above.
In this paper is a description on how to design a navigation system in general, plus some detailed discussion on one such system with the V25(µPD70322/320) as the CPU and the IDP (µPD72022) as a controller for the man-machine interface.
|Technical Paper||An Expert System for In-Vehiele Route Guidance|
|Technical Paper||The Utility of Low Cost Vehicle Navigation Systems for Fleet Management Applications|
|Technical Paper||Automatic Land Vehicle Location and Navigation in the Year 2000|
CitationMatsuda, M., Minamino, H., and Akiyama, S., "Navigation System with the V25 (CPU) and the IDP (Intelligent Display Controller)," SAE Technical Paper 871287, 1987, https://doi.org/10.4271/871287.
- YAHAGUCHI F. Graphic Processing Engineering by the Computer Display 45 63 THE NIKKAN KOGYO SHINBUN, Co. Ltd.