This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Torsional Dampers and Alternative Systems to Reduce Driveline Vibrations
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1987 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Fuel saving means vehicle operation at low engine speed and accordingly high engine torque. For that, recent engines have been tallored, developing up to 85% of the max, torque at 1.000 rpm. However, when applying this driving mode, the driver may be irritated by rattling noise and body humming. This is due to the fact that all drivelines have a natural frequency between 1.000 and 2.000 rpm, which cannot be displaced below 1.000 rpm by means of tuning of conventional torsion dampers.
Diesel engines and more and more gasoline engines require an idling noise isolation stage. This stage adds to the total lash in the driveline and contributes to clonk and load reversal reactions.
This paper describes various systems suitable to overcome these concerns.
|LTD - Long Travel Damper
|Delivering the Mail with Diesels - The Post Office Department Looks at Diesel Engines
|Diesel Engine Exhaust Thermal and Vibration Mapping
CitationDrexl, H., "Torsional Dampers and Alternative Systems to Reduce Driveline Vibrations," SAE Technical Paper 870393, 1987, https://doi.org/10.4271/870393.
- Dagwin Tomm und Gerhard Tebbe Einfluß der Kupplung auf die durch Schwingungen lm Antriebsstrang von Kraftfahrzeugen verursachten Geräusche in Handschaltgetrieben VDI-Berichte Nr. 456 1982
- Ohnuma Satoru Yahata Shigetaro Inagawa Mineichi Fujimotor Tautomu “Research or Idling Rattle of Manual Transmission” SAE 850979
- Krenz Robert A. “Vehicle Response to Throttle Tip-in/Tip-Out” SAE 850967
- Sebulke H. Wanzung F. “The Two - Mass - Flywheel” FISITA-Congress Belgrade June 1986
- Watanabe Akira Kuroyanagi Junzoh Hattori Toshihiro “Microcomputer Mechanical Clutch and Transmission Control” SAE 840055
- Falzoni G.L. Pellegrino E. Troisl R. “Microprocessor Clutch Control” SAE 830628
- Page P.R. “A Microprocessor Based Controller for a Dry Plate Clutch and Constant mesh Gearbox” SAE 850563