This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Plastics for the Interior Trim of Passenger Cars - Present Situation and Trends for the Future
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1987 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The interior trim of vehicles is but one area where plastics have developed into an indispensable group of materials. As well as their diverse positive aspects, points of criticism are also considered. Taking the VW Golf as an example, the requirements, selection criteria and test methods for interior trim components are described. Furthermore, trends with regard to the selection of materials, process/production engineering and design are indicated, in addition to which, the necessary environmental considerations are also discussed.
|Technical Paper||Novel Polycarbonate/ABS Blends for Instrument Panel Applications|
|Technical Paper||Evaluation of Thermoplastic Materials for Automotive Interior Trim Applications|
|Technical Paper||High Performance Thermoplastic Steering Wheel|
CitationWeibner, R. and Adler, J., "Plastics for the Interior Trim of Passenger Cars - Present Situation and Trends for the Future," SAE Technical Paper 870305, 1987, https://doi.org/10.4271/870305.
- Landler J. Alterungsstabile ABS-/PV-Tiefziehfolie im Kfz-Innenraum (Age-resistant ABS/FVC sheets for deep drawing in the vehicle interior) Esslingen 1984
- Walter G. Kunststoffe und Elastomere in Kraftfahrzeugen (Plastics and elastomers in motor vehicles) Stuttgart 1985
- Venitz H. Vom Spannhimmel zum Formhimmel im Automobil (The transition from the fabric headliner to the molded headliner in the automobile) Brunswick 1986
- Thill A. Entwicklung und Erprobung von PKW-Sitzen (Development and testing of passenger vehicle seats) Wolfsburg 1977
- Volkswagen “Auto 2000” (“Car 2000” Final Report for the Research Project Wolfsburg 1983
- Müller H. Haberstroh E. Verwendung von Kunststoff im Automobilbau und Wiederverwertungsmöglichkeiten (Use of plastics in automotive construction and options for recycling) FAT series of papers Frankfurt 1986
- Blödorn J. Bauweisen und Werkstoffe im Automobilbau (Construction methods and materials in automotive engineering) SNV Berlin Hamburg North Rhine Westphalia Schwarzenbek 1986
- Kunststoffe im Automobilbau (Plastics in automotive engineering) VDI Series Dusseldorf 1985