This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of Perforation Corrosion of Cold-Rolled and Galvanized Steel Sheets by Extreme-Value Statistics
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 08, 1986 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The perforation corrosion of steel and galvanized steels due to the cyclic corrosion test (CCT) has been analyzed by the extreme-value statistics. The plots of the maximum values of perforation corrosion depth and the cumulative probability gave straight lines and they were fitted to the Gumbel (double exponential probability) distribution.
The decrease of the slope of these lines with CCT time suggested that uniform corrosion occurred in an early stage of CCT but it changed to uneven corrosion with CCT time. The period of the uniform corrosion corresponds to the incubation time, tj, of perforation corrosion and the ti of the steel was extended proportionately with zinc coating weight.
The perforation corrosion rate of Zn-Ni alloy electroplated steel after the t; was lower than those of other materials. This phenomenon seems to be attributable to formation of a protective corrosion product of ZnCl3 ·4Zn(OH)2 and a good adhesion of the product to the steel.
|Aerospace Material Specification||Rivets, Steel-Corrosion Resistant 18cr 9ni Solution Heat Treated|
|Aerospace Standard||FITTING, SLEEVE, FLARED|
|Technical Paper||A Review of Different Electroplating Anode Materials|
- Hiroshi Satoh - Materials Research Lab. Kobe Steel, Ltd.
- Kazutoshi Shimogori - Materials Research Lab. Kobe Steel, Ltd.
- Hidetoshi Nishimoto - Materials Research Lab. Kobe Steel, Ltd.
- Kenji Miki - Materials Research Lab. Kobe Steel, Ltd.
- Kouki Ikeda - Materials Research Lab. Kobe Steel, Ltd.
- Masatoshi Iwai - Kakogawa Works Kobe Steel, Ltd.
- Hirohiko Sakai - Kakogawa Works Kobe Steel, Ltd.
- Shingo Nomura - Kakogawa Works Kobe Steel, Ltd.
CitationSatoh, H., Shimogori, K., Nishimoto, H., Miki, K. et al., "Analysis of Perforation Corrosion of Cold-Rolled and Galvanized Steel Sheets by Extreme-Value Statistics," SAE Technical Paper 862018, 1986, https://doi.org/10.4271/862018.
- Aktiebolaget Svensk Bilproving: Cars Go Rusty 1973 12
- Konishi K. Jidosha-Gijutsu (Journal of the Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan) 32 1978 24
- Miyoshi Y. Kado S. Boshoku-Gijutsu (Corrosion Engineering) 28 1979 645
- Koyama H. Boshoku-Gijutsu 30 1982 34
- Kurokawa S. et al. Tetsu-to-Hagane (Journal of The Iron and Steel Institute of Japan) 71 1985 S433
- Adaniya T. et al. Tetsu-to-Hagane 70 1984 A92
- Miyoshi Y. Jitsumu Hyomen Gijutsu (Metal Finishing Practice) 32 1985 319
- Kobayashi S. et al. SAE Engineering Paper No. 830492 1983
- Takao K. et al Tetsu-to-Hagane 71 1985 S435
- Shimogorj K. et al. Tetsu-to-Hagane 70 1984 A100
- Oie Y. et al. Tetsu-to-Hagane 69 1983 S404
- Miura C. The 41th Corrosion Symposium 22 1982
- Ito S. et al. Proceedings of the 28th Meeting of Japan Society of Corrosion Engineering 1981 113
- Japan Society of Corrosion Engineering Sochi-Zairyo-no-Jumyo-Yosoku-Nyumon (Introduction of Life Estimation of Materials) 81 Maruzen
- Ishikawa Y. et al. Boshoku Gijutsu 29 1980 502
- Matsushima I. et al. Proceedings of the 30th Meeting of Japan Society of Corrosion Engineering 1983 191
- Kowaka M. Nihon-Zairyo-Gakkai-Fushoku-Boshoku-Bumon-Iinkai-Shiryo 18
- Gilbert P. T. J. Electrochem. Soc. 99 1952 16
- Okada H. et al. Proceedings of International Congress on Metallic Corrosion 1972 275