This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Application of a Panel Method (QUADPAN) to the Prediction of Propeller Blade Loads
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1986 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A study was conducted to demonstrate the ability of a low order panel aerodynamic flow code to predict the aircraft-induced propeller plane flow field and the resulting steady state propeller blade loads for a single-rotation, wing-mounted tractor system. Comparisons between predicted and measured flow field surveys and resulting blade loads, including the first five harmonics, were made for the U.S. Navy P-3C land-based patrol turboprop aircraft. The study showed that low order flow codes accurately model the induced flow field.
|Technical Paper||A Review of Commuter Propulsion Technology|
|Technical Paper||Commuter Turboprop Propulsion Technology|
|Technical Paper||Advanced Propeller Developments for V/STOL Aircraft|
CitationDonham, R., Dupcak, J., and Conner, F., "Application of a Panel Method (QUADPAN) to the Prediction of Propeller Blade Loads," SAE Technical Paper 861743, 1986, https://doi.org/10.4271/861743.
- Youngren H. J. Bouchard E. E. Coopersmith P. M. Miranda L. R. “Comparison of Panel Method Formulations and Its Influence on the Development of QUADPAN, an Advanced Low Order Method,” AIAA-83-1827 July 1983
- Strang W. Z. Berdahl C. H. Nutley E. L. Murn A. J. Flight Dynamics Lab, Wright-Patterson AFB Ohio “Evaluation of Four Panel Aerodynamic Prediction Methods (MCAERO, PAN AIR, QUADPAN and VSAERO),” AIAA-85-4092 October 1985
- Aljabri A. S. Lyman V. Parker R. J. “Evaluation of Propeller/Nacelle Interactions in the PTA Program,” AIAA-86-1552 June 1986
- Aljabri A. S. Little B. H. “High Speed Wind Tunnel Tests of the PTA Aircraft,” SAE paper October 1986
- Johnston J. F. Donham R. E. Guinn W. A. “Propeller Signatures and Their Use,” AIAA Journal of Aircraft 18 11 November 1981
- Johnston J. F. Donham R. E. “Attenuation of Propeller-Related Vibration and Noise,” AIAA Journal of Aircraft 19 10 October 1982
- Donham R. E. Balena F. J. Bochary E. Z. Liehr O. K. “Propeller Aircraft Cabin Vibration and Noise-Excitation, Sources, and Paths,” AGARD Fluid Dynamics Panel Symposium on Aerodynamics and Acoustics of Propellers Toronto, Canada October 1984