This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Testing of a Mixture Preparation System for Spark Ignition Internal Combustion Engines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1986 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An experimental investigation of the performance of a mixture preparation system used with spark ignition internal combustion engines is presented. The proposed carburetor works on the principle of adiabatic vaporization of liquid gasoline fuel before it is led to engine cylinders by means of passing atmospheric air, induced by engine suction, through fuel. The study aims at the determination of parameters that affect the performance of this system.
It is demonstrated through the results that this carburetor is a better device for mixture preparation in spark ignition engines having numerous advantages over conventional carburetors most notably fuel economy.
CitationAsfar, K., Soliman, H., and Heajawi, M., "Testing of a Mixture Preparation System for Spark Ignition Internal Combustion Engines," SAE Technical Paper 861192, 1986, https://doi.org/10.4271/861192.
- Asfar K. R. Vaporizing Carburetor U.S. Patent No. 3,999,526, Official Gazette 1976
- Puber E. W. Prescher K. H. Presented at 2nd Symposium on Low Pollution Power Systems Development Ministry of Research and Technology Germany November 4-8 1974
- Hirschler D. A. Adams W. E. Marsee F. J. Presented at NPRA Annual Meeting San Antonio, Texas April 1973
- Obert E. F. Internal Combustion Engine and Air Pollution Intext Educational Publishers New York 1973
- Taylor C. F. The Internal Combustion Engine in Theory” and Practice 2 The M.I.T. Press London 1980
- Sharma R. P. Automobile Engineering J.C. Kapur, for Dhanpat Rai & Sons Delhi 1980
- Lucas G. G. Brunt M. Petrovic S. Presented as SAE Paper No. 780964
- Blackmore D. R. Thomas A. Fuel Economy of The Gasoline Engine The Macmillan Press Ltd. London and Basingstoke 1979
- Picken D. J. Soliman H. A. Fox M. F. Presented at the Ply Symposium on Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer Leicester, U.K. November 1979
- Asfar K. R. Soliman H. A. Heajawi M. S. Presented at the 3rd International Joint Conference on Mechanical Technology Cairo, Egypt April 1985