This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
“All Electric” Controls and Accessories for Ground Vehicle Gas Turbine Propulsion Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1986 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper discusses the use of electromechanical devices as the kinematic portions of a microprocessor based gas turbine control system.
Specific applications are:
- 1. An electric motor driven, positive displacement pump, which provides metered high pressure fuel to the distribution manifold. Fuel metering to be provided by varying the motor angular velocity.
- 2. An electric motor driven lube oil pump.
- 3. Electromechnical actuators for motion and control of compressor and power turbine variable geometry.
- 4. A starter/generator integral with the gas generator.Topics covered include:
- Comparison to conventional hydro-mechanical systems.
- Response characteristics of the fuel pump and actuator systems.
- Brushless D.C. motor characteristics.
- Power electronics requirements for brushless D.C. motors.
- Control electronics interface with brushless D.C. motor systems.
- Reliability and maintainability issues.
- Diagnostic/prognostic enhancements.