This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Effect of Phosphate Film on Wet Adhesion of Paint Film on Zn-Ni Alloy Electroplated Steel Sheet
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1986 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The surface of Zn-Ni alloy electroplated steel sheet is covered by a thin ZnO layer. The ZnO layer has many effects upon degreasing, formation of phosphate film. Furthermore, wet adhesion of a paint film on Zn-Ni alloy electroplated steel sheet is significantly. affected by the ZnO layer and also by the metal ion balance in the phosphate solution. Also, a change in the structure and the phase of phosphate film and, the stress changes in phosphate and paint films occurring during paint film baking and water immersion for wet adhesion testing, were analyzed to study their correlation with wet adhesion. As a result, the mechanism of wet adhesion of a paint film was clarified.
CitationOdashima, H., Kitayama, M., and Saito, T., "Effect of Phosphate Film on Wet Adhesion of Paint Film on Zn-Ni Alloy Electroplated Steel Sheet," SAE Technical Paper 860115, 1986, https://doi.org/10.4271/860115.
- Kitayama M. Saito T. Tetsu to hagane 68 1982 A65
- Nozawa T. The thesis for a degree Tohoku University 1981 108
- Brenner A. Sendeoff S. Part of the Journal of Research of the National Bureau of Standards 42 1949 105
- Yoshioka K. Yoshida Y. Tetsu to Hagane 69 1983 S1175
- Wakano S. Nishihara M. Shibuya T. Tetsu to Hagane 70 1984 A80
- Oka J. Asano S. Takasugi M. Yamamoto K. Tetsu to Hagane 68 1982 '82 A57
- Okada H. Yamamoto K. Ito I. Proc. 5th Inter. Cong. Metallic Corrosion Houston NACE 1972 275