This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Eurosid Side Impact Dummy
Published January 01, 1985 by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in United States
EUROSID is the side impact dummy that has been designed and has now been almost completely developed by a group of European research laboratories working together under the auspices of the European Experimental Vehicles Committee (EEVC). It represents a bringing together of components and ideas from the three experimental sided impact dummies sponsored by the EEC1 as part of their Biomechanics Programme. These were produced by APR (Peugeot-Renault), ONSER, and MIRA. This paper describes the evolution of the EUROSID dummy and discusses the advances in biofidelity, the responses of its various components to impact, and the types of measurements it can record.
- J. Maltha - Instituut voor Wegtransportmiddelen, TNO, Netherlands
- C. Tarrière - Association Peugeot S.A., Renault, France
- F. Bendjellal - Association Peugeot S.A., Renault, France
- D. Gillet - Association Peugeot S.A., Renault, France
- D. Cesari - Organisme National de Sécurité Routiére, France
- R. Bouquet - Organisme National de Sécurité Routiére, France
- L. Neilson - Transport and Road Research Laboratory, UK
- R. Lowne - Transport and Road Research Laboratory, UK