This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
ABS - Highly Flexible Modular System for Commercial Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 01, 1985 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper provides an overview of the different BOSCH Anti-Lock Braking Systems (ABS). Basically there are three types of ABS available providing a suitable design for the various types of single-axle and multiple-axle vehicles. A semitrailer for example can be equipped with a single-axle ABS, a truck, trailer or bus mostly with a 2-axle ABS and an articulated bus will be equipped with a 3-axle ABS. In order to comply with all requirements, and particularly to take into account the installation conditions imposed by the vehicle, BOSCH has 2 different types of pressure-modulation valve available, a single-channel and a dual-channel valve. With the different anti-lock systems discussed, BOSCH can equip the wide variety of vehicle types which range from volume-production vehicles to special-purpose vehicles.
CitationGoebels, H., Möller, H., and Schramm, H., "ABS - Highly Flexible Modular System for Commercial Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 852326, 1985, https://doi.org/10.4271/852326.
- Leiber, H. Czinczel, A. “The Electronic Brake Controller and the Problem Areas Associated with it” Automobiltechnische Zeitschrift 1972 7 269 277
- Leiber, H. Czinczel, A. “Antiskid System for Passenger Cars with Digital Electronics - Design and Operation” Automobiltechnische Zeitschrift 1979 11 569 583
- Hoefer, G. Goebels, H. “Antiskid System for Commercial Vehicles” Bosch Technischer Bericht 7 1980 1 40 49
- Wolff, G. Segebrecht, M. “Commercial Vehicles with Automatic Lock-up Prevention” VDI-Press 192, German Automotive Research and Highway Traffic Technology 278
- Maisch, W. Schramm, H. “Further Development of the Anti-Lock Braking System for Commercial Vehicles with Compressed Air Brakes” Int. Conference on Anti-Lock Braking Systems for Road Vehicles 11/12 Sept. 85 IMechE London