This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Investigation of the Steering Wheel Vibration and Its Reduction in Passenger Cars
Published November 11, 1985 by IATO in Indonesia
Annotation ability available
The vibration characteristics of steering wheel in front drive small-sized passenger cars are discussed.
Vertical and lateral accelerations at the steering wheel are measured on typical road.
Transfer functions between various sources and the steering wheel are identified from the experimental data using 2 channel FFT analyzer. The effect of engine vibration, road excitation and structural system characteristics are identified by experimental and analytical methods. A significant reduction in the vertical vibration is demonstrated in the data and has been achieved using several improvement in the structure and system.
|Technical Paper||Steering Wheel Vibration Diagnosis|
|Technical Paper||A Study on the Tangential Vibration of the Steering Wheel of Passenger Car|
|Technical Paper||Subjective and Objective Quantification of Steady-State Idle Vibration Felt Through the Seat|
CitationKim, J., Jung, S., and Kim, K., "An Investigation of the Steering Wheel Vibration and Its Reduction in Passenger Cars," SAE Technical Paper 852267, 1985.
- Takeda, N. et. al. “Improvement on Steering Column Shake” Journal of JSAE 36 12 1982
- Kim, J. H. “An Investigation on the Structural Acoustic Coupling in Passenger Car” M. Sc thesis Cranfield Institute of Technology U. K. 1982
- Takada, H. “Idle Body Shake Analysis using VSAP” Journal of JSAE 36 12 1982
- Yoshida, H. “Analytical Methods on FF body Vibration” Journal of JSAE 38 12 1984
- Wedley, A. “Effect of Wheel Nonuniformities on the Tire-Wheel Assembly and the Vehicle” SAE paper No. 680005 1968
- Guan, D. et. al. “Research on Vibration of Motor Vehicle Front Wheels” SAE paper No. 830893 1983
- Herbert, M. et. al. “Applications of Structural Dynamics Modification” SAE paper No. 801125 1980
- Morita, I. et. al. “On Noise and Vibration From Engines Transversely Installed Front Wheel Drive Cars” Journal of JSAE 36 12 1982