This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
INertia COLLection-A Simplified Dynamic Engine Test Method
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1985 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A new test procedure for internal combustion engines has been developed. It utilizes the inertia of the rotating and reciprocating components in the engine for braking purposes in very precisely controlled acceleration and retardation sequences. In that way transients in the engine governing systems can be studied with extremely high repeatability and exactness. When applied to emission testing and diagnostics it offers cost savings of a factor of up to 100 compared with current emission certification tests.
CitationCollin, L., "INertia COLLection-A Simplified Dynamic Engine Test Method," SAE Technical Paper 850132, 1985, https://doi.org/10.4271/850132.
- Collin Lars Th “INCOLL - A New Technology in Emission Testing” SAE Paper No. 780618
- Collin Lars Th “INCOLL - Ein neues Messverfahren zur Emissionskontrolle an Fahrzeugen” ATZ 81 1979 4
- Collin Lars Th “A New Technology in Emission Testing” Kolloquium Periodische Uberwachung der Schadstoffemission von Kraftfahrzeugen, TüV-Akademie Rheinland 17 Mai 1979 Düsseldorf
- Smuda Bill “Evaluation of Applicability of the INCOLL Procedure as an I/M Strategy” EPA-AA-IMS/81-5
- Collin Lars Th Denbratt Ingemar “Further Development of the INertia COLLection System” ISATA 1981
- Collin Lars Th “Present Status of the INertia COLLection System” Autotestcon ‘82 Dayton, Ohio
- Collin Lars Th “The INertia COLLection System Utilization in Modern Engine Research and Supervision” ISATA 1984
- Collin Lars Th “The Inertia COLLection Transient Test System” Autotestcon Washington Nov. 1984