This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Simulation Of Diesel Injection System Using A Hybrid Computer
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 01, 1984 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The importance of diesel injection system simulation as a design tool is widely recognized and various models have been developed. But most of the simulations are implemented with digital computers. A new simulation model using digital-analog hybrid computer has been developed. The objective of this simulation is to optimize the injection system design with minimum time by interactive method. The hybrid computer meets this requirement. One of the main features of this model is the introduction of a simple equation about the bulk modulus of elasticity of fuel oil. It is expressed as a function of the oil pressure and the volume ratio of bubble to fluid. This paper discribes the detail of the modeling and the programming of this simulation for hybrid computer, comparison between calculation and experiments and some examples of application to the actual diesel injection system.
|Technical Paper||Acoustical Optimization Using Quasi-Monte Carlo Methods and SEA Modeling|
|Technical Paper||Optimization in Forging Process Using Computer Simulation|
CitationInoue, T., Yamada, T., Shindo, K., Yamada, M. et al., "A Simulation Of Diesel Injection System Using A Hybrid Computer," SAE Technical Paper 845035, 1984, https://doi.org/10.4271/845035.
- Knight B. E. “Fuel-Injection System Calculations” Proc. Instr. Mech. Engrs.(A.D.), No.1 1960-61 25 33
- Vogel W. “Die Nachahmung eines Diesel-einspritzvorgangs auf einem elektronischen Analogrechner” MTZ 24 1 January 1963 7 13
- Hiroyasu H. Matsunari F. “Development and Evaluation of the Simulation of the Fuel Injection System” Trans. of JSME 34 260 April 1968 755 768
- Becchi G. A. “Analytical Simulation of Fuel Injection in Diesel Engines” SAE paper 710568 1971
- Wylie E. B. Bolt J. A. El-Brian M. F. “Diesel Fuel Injection System Simulation and Experimental Correlation” SAE paper 710569 1971
- Ikegami M. Horike H. Nagao F. “Simulation of Processes of Fuel Injection” Trans.of SAE of Japan 4 July 1972 25 31
- Scullen R. S. Hames R. J. “Computer Simulation of the GM Unit Injector” SAE paper 780161 1978
- Goyal M. “Modular Approach to Fuel Injection System Simulation” SAE paper 780162 1978
- Suzuki K. Honda A. Sumi S. Kibune M. “Study of Abnormal Fuel Delivery Characteristics in High Pressure Injection System” SAE paper 821072 1982
- Miyagi H. Nagase M. Nakano J. Kobashi M. “TOYOTA Electronic Control System for a Diesel Engine” IPC-SAE paper 830862 1983