This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Tactical Flight Management—An Overview
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1984 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Tactical Flight Management may be thought of as the ability to give the pilot of a tactical aircraft efficient, integrated use of the resources available to him: these include weapons, fuel, sensor, controls, displays, and time. Survivability and mission effectiveness are key measures of a successful tactical flight management system. This paper describes several technologies, developed under the Air Force Flight Dynamics Laboratory Tactical Flight Management Program, each intended to increase the effectiveness of the typical tactical mission while maintaining or increasing the overall survivability. Four dimensional (4-D) navigation and control with its resultant mission reference paths and control laws is necessary for maintaining any assigned or computed mission arrival times (TOA's). Accurate time control is an essential part of mission effectiveness and survivability. The energy management technique for climb, cruise and descent fuel and time control is developed, as is the algorithm used for computing maximum survivable, low flight level penetration of dense threat phase of weapon delivery.
|Advanced Cueing And Displays For Super Agile Aircraft
|LMTAS Aircrew - Centered Design: Past, Present, and Future
|Aircraft Radial-Belted Tire Evaluation
CitationComegys, G., "Tactical Flight Management—An Overview," SAE Technical Paper 841450, 1984, https://doi.org/10.4271/841450.
- Maroon G. N. McDonough W. G. Maschek T. J. “Tactical Flight Management Total Mission Capability” NAECON Proceedings May 1984
- Bird M. W. Denton R. V. Jones E. J. Olinger M. D. “The Trajectory Generator for Tactical Flight Management” NAECON Proceedings May 1983
- Bird M. W. Olinger M. D. “Tactical Flight Management: Threat Penetration Algorithm Design” NAECON Proceedings May 1983
- Murphy W. J. et al. Tactical Flight Management Exploratory Development Program Interim Technical Report for Period October 1981 December 1983 McDonnell Aircraft Company St. Louis, MO. AFWAL-TR-84-3023 April 1984
- Erzberger H. Lee H. “Constrained Optimum Trajectories with Specified Range” “Journal for Guidance and Control” Article No. 80-4004 1980
- Wendl M. J. Katt D. R. “Advanced Automatic Terrain Following/Terrain Avoidance Control Concepts Study” NAECON Proceedings May 1982
- Landy R. J. “IFFC Concepts, Feasibility, and Demonstration in an F-15” NAECON Proceedings May 1980
- Murphy W. J. et al. Integrated Flight/Weapon Control Exploratory Development Program I McDonnell Aircraft Co. St. Louis, MO AFWAR-TR-81-3101 August 1981