This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Preliminary Draft Selection of Geometrical Parameters in Simple Planetary Gear Trains in Automotive Drive Line
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1984 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper deals with the first stage of planetary transmission design and namely the preliminary selection of geometrical parameters in spur and helical gears of simple planetary gear trains. Conditions for correct assembling and spacing planets are considered. There are some conditions to be fulfilled: coaxial location of gears, assembling of gears and spacing of planets. Having known the centre distance modification criterion λ and the condition of coaxial location of gears, the relationships between the numbers of gears: z1, z2 and z3 are given.
As a basic parameter for the planetary gear train the operating pitch diameter dw3 of the internal gear is assumed. The formula for the operating pitch diameter dw3 is given according to the calculated torque, contact stress factor kH, gear ratio u and the relationship of facewidth to centre distance of gear train.
CitationJaśkiewicz, Z. and Wąsiewski, A., "Preliminary Draft Selection of Geometrical Parameters in Simple Planetary Gear Trains in Automotive Drive Line," SAE Technical Paper 841192, 1984, https://doi.org/10.4271/841192.
- Jaśkiewicz Z. Wasiewski A. Preliminary Draft Selection of Geometrical Parameters in External and Internal Spur and Helical Gears in Automotive Drive Lines Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, PA 1984
- Jaśkiewicz Z. Projektowanie układów napędowych Design of Automotive Drive Lines Warszawa WKŁ 1982
- Schreier A. Stirnradgetriebe Berlin VEB Verlag Technik 1961
- Lorenz Verzahnwerkzeuge Verzahntechnik LORENZ GmbH Co Ettlingen 1977
- Addendum Modification of Teeth of Cylindrical Gears for Speed-reducing and Speed-increasing Gear Pairs Technical Report ISO/TR 4467-1982 /E/