This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Application of Hydrostatic Transmissions to Increase User Value
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1984 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
When using hydrostatic transmissions, both the transmission initial cost and the impact of transmission performance on operating costs are important determinants of user value. In the development process, machine designers must make decisions in the areas of component sizing, transmission configuration, and control selection. These decisions depend on machine design goals for function, vehicle configuration, productivity, fuel economy and expected life. Some relationships of these design variables are discussed to enable more cost effective transmission application.
CitationPollman, F., "Application of Hydrostatic Transmissions to Increase User Value," SAE Technical Paper 841101, 1984, https://doi.org/10.4271/841101.
- “Heavy Duty Transmission Applications Manual” Sundstrand Hydro-Transmission
- Hull W. E. “Putting Power Density in Hydrostatic Transmissions” ASAE 79 1625 Dec. 1979
- Heusler H. Reinecke U. “RH75 - A 10/13 Cu. Yd. Hydraulic Shovel Development and Application” SAE 770553 1977
- “Cat is on Track with a Productive Loader” Diesel Progress North America Jan. 1981
- “Power Partners in Trucking” 3 2 Cummins Engine Co., Inc.
- “Costs - A Fundamental of Earthmoving” Heavy Duty Equipment Maintenance June 1976