This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Method of Sound-Field Simulation for Automobile Passenger Compartments
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1984 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
By estimating the sound field characteristics of an automotive cabin at a period prior to the actual manufacture of a car using available information on interior size, shape and acoustic materials, it is possible to realize a car audio system of high quality through appropriate placement of loundspeakers and determination of best electrical compensation networks, among others.
We have established a computer-aided method based on the sound ray-tracing method and digital signal processing techniques usually applied to the analysis of large concert hall acoustics, which simulates the transmission characteristics between a loundspeaker and a listening position.
- S. Ishikawa - Acoustic Research Laboratory Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. (Kadoma, Osaka, Japan)
- M. Hasegawa - Acoustic Research Laboratory Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. (Kadoma, Osaka, Japan)
- N. Atoji - Acoustic Research Laboratory Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. (Kadoma, Osaka, Japan)
CitationIshikawa, S., Hasegawa, M., Atoji, N., and Araki, M., "A Method of Sound-Field Simulation for Automobile Passenger Compartments," SAE Technical Paper 840085, 1984, https://doi.org/10.4271/840085.
- Nefske D. J. Wolf, J. A. Jr Howell L. J. Journal of Sound and Vibration 80 2 1982 247 266 “Structural-Acoustic Finite Element Analysis of the Automobile Passenger Compartment: A Review of Current Practice”
- Schmidt J. Dr. NASTRAN European User's Conference June 11/12 1980 München “Acoustic Finite Element Analysis of a Car Cavity”
- Geddes Earl A.S.A paper Ml Nov. 1983 “The finite element method in acoustics”
- Borish J. Presented at the 103rd meeting of the Acoustical Society of America 26 36 April 1982 “A Unified Approach to Electronic Simulation of Auditorium Acoustics”
- Allen J. B. Berkley D. A. Journal of Acoustical Society of America 65 4 April 1979 “Image Method for efficiently Simulating Small-Room Acoustics”
- Hirata Y. ACUSTICA 43 1979 247 252 “Geometrical Acoustics for Rectangular Rooms”
- Krokstad A. Strom S. Applied Acoustics 12 1979 “Acoustical Design of the Multi-Purpose “HJERTNES” Hall in Sandefjord”
- Cremer Lathar Müller Helmut A. APPLIED SCIENCE PUBLISHERS “Principles and Applications of Room Acoustics”
- Kimura Y. Nakama Y. Kikichi Y. Soma J. Funabashi T. Kinoshita M. “An Automatic Graphic Equalizer for Car Audio Systems” 1984 SAE International Congress & Exposition