This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Corrosion Performance of Zn-Ni Alloy Plated Sheet Steel in Automotive Body Panels
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 05, 1983 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The corrosion resistance of Zn-Ni alloy electroplated sheet steel (SZ) against perforation and cosmetic corrosion was investigated in cyclic corrosion tests and service corrosion environment.
Perforation resistance was evaluated in two cyclic corrosion tests using unpainted and 5 μm electrocoated panels without scribe. SZ 20 g/m2 showed equivalent or superior corrosion resistance to that of Galvannealed sheet steel (GA) 60 g/m2 .This excellent protection ability of SZ Has validated by the field performance in OKINAWA.
Cosmetic corrosion resistance of fully painted panels with scribe were estimated in Modified Volvo Scab Test. SZ and the other pre-coated steels had distinctive corrosion performance in comparison with cold rolled steel (CR). This result correlated well with that of monitor cars in OKINAWA and WAKAYAMA.
|Technical Paper||New Ferritic Stainless Steels for Automotive Trim Application|
|Technical Paper||One-Side-Electrogalvanized Steel Sheet for Automotive Applications|
|Technical Paper||Aluminium Alloy Selection for Closures with Respect to Functional Demands|
- Ryaichi Naumi - Sumitomo Metal Industries, Ltd. Head Office
- Tatsuo kurimoto - Sumitomo Metal Industries, Ltd. Wakayama Steel Works
- Yoshihiko Hoboh - Sumitomo Metal Industries, Ltd. Wakayama Steel Works
- Hiroshi Oishi - Sumitomo Metal Industries, Ltd. Wakayama Steel Works
- kinya Yanagawa - Sumitomo Metal Industries, Ltd. Wakayama Steel Works
Citationkurimoto, T., Hoboh, Y., Oishi, H., Yanagawa, k. et al., "Corrosion Performance of Zn-Ni Alloy Plated Sheet Steel in Automotive Body Panels," SAE Technical Paper 831837, 1983, https://doi.org/10.4271/831837.
- Shibuya, A. Kurimoto, T. Korekawa, K. Noji, K. Properties of Ni-Zn Alloy Plated Steel Sheet Proceeding of ASH/ADDRG Conference “Technological Impact of Surface” Dearborn April 1981
- Noumi, R. Nagasaki, H. Hoboh, Y. Shibuya, A. Newly Developed Ni-Zn Alloy Plated Steel Sheet “SZ” and its Application to Automotive Usages Paper 820332 SAE International Congress and Exposition Detroit February 1982
- Wakano, S. Sakoda, A. Nishihara, M. Terasaki, F. Corrosion Behavior of Precoated Steel for Automotive Body Surfair IV International Symposium Cannes October 1982
- Nowak, E. T. Franks, L. L. Froman, G. H. A Comparison of Corrosion Test Methods for Painted Galvanized Steel Paper 820427 SAE International Congress and Exposition Detroit February 1982
- Hospadaruk, V. Huff, J . Zurilla, R. W. Greenolood, H. T. Faint Failure, Steel Surface Quality, and Accelerated Corrosion Testing Paper 780186 National SAE Meeting Detroit February 1978
- Hestberg J. Borjesson, L. Influence of Sheet Meta1 Surface Conditions on the Corrosion Properties of Automotive Paint Systems Paper 278 International Corrosion Forum Chicago March 1980
- Wyvill, R. D. The Importance of Scab Corrosion Testing Metal Finishing 80 1 1982 21 26