This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study of Structural Behaviour of Ventilated Brake Disc
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 12, 1983 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Evaluation of the most critical stress situations in the ventilated brake disc due to the three dimensional loading pattern requires application of finite element method and multilevel superelement technique. The structural response to the vehicle braking cycle is represented by stress distributions varying with time and with location of the brake pads with respect to the ventilation ducts. Assessment of fatigue life of the disc is carried out using the calculated stresses and stress concentrations.
|Technical Paper||FEA Analysis and Correlation of Thermo-Mechanical Deformations of a Disc Brake Rotor|
|Technical Paper||A METHOD FOR MESUARING CREEP GROAN BASED ON BRAKE INERTIAL DINAMOMETER|
CitationMedonos, S., "Study of Structural Behaviour of Ventilated Brake Disc," SAE Technical Paper 831316, 1983, https://doi.org/10.4271/831316.
- ZIENKIEWICZ O.C. The Finite Element Method in Engineering Science McGraw-Hill New York 1971
- EGELAND O. ARALDSEN P.O. SESAM-69-A General Purpose Finite Element Method Program. Computers and Structures 4 41 68 Pergamon Press 1974
- SESAM-69 User Manual (Det norske Veritas/A.S Computas publication)
- Lucas FELSET Finite Element Program FLHE.
- AAMODT B. Application of the Finite Element Method to Problems in Linear and Nonlinear Fracture Mechanics. Division of Structural Mechanics The Norwegian Institute of Technology The University of Trondheim Norway June 1974
- MEDONOS S. FITTON J. WINDER R.N. Study of Structural Behaviour of Ventilated Brake Disc. Det norske Veritas' Technical Report No. LDN.78-051