This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design Of The Low Vibration Turboprop Powerplant Suspension System for The DASH 7 Aircraft
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1983 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Larger turboprop aircraft are finding increased acceptance with today's fuel-conscious operators. However, these aircraft must also appeal to the air traveller' who has become accustomed to the vibration free environment of turbojets. This requirement of minimum propeller-induced vibration results in a conflicting constraint for the designer of a flutter free installation.
Described in this paper is the two-plane engine mounting scheme used successfully in de Havilland's DASH 7 commuter aircraft. The suspension system meets the design objectives of low transmissibility, adequate whirl flutter margins and minimized landing loads.
|Technical Paper||Dynamic suspension~A method of aircraft-engine mounting|
|Technical Paper||Vibration Absorbers Quiet Propeller Noise|
|Technical Paper||FEM Substructuring for the Vibrational Characterization of a Petrol Engine|
CitationHrycko, G., "Design Of The Low Vibration Turboprop Powerplant Suspension System for The DASH 7 Aircraft," SAE Technical Paper 830755, 1983, https://doi.org/10.4271/830755.
- Sandford, J.W., "The Turboprop Aircraft Role in the 1980's", AIAA Paper No. 81-1730.
- Sandford, J.W., "The Growing Domain of the Turboprop Airplane and the Commuter Airlines" presented at the International Northwest Aviation Council, Vail, Colorado, August 1980.
- Houbolt, J.C., and Reed, W.H., III, "Propeller-Nacelle Whirl Flutter", Journal of the Aerospace Sciences, Vol. 29, No. 3, March 1962.
- Ribner, H.S., "Propeller in Yaw", NACA Rep. 820, 1945.
- Reed, W.H. III, and Bland, S.R., "An Analytical Treatment of Aircraft Propeller Precession Instability", NASA TN D-659 January 1961.
- "Guide for the Evaluation of Human Exposure to Whole-Body Vibration", International Organization for Standardization, ISO/DIS 2631.
- Klinchock, W.J. "Qualification Test Report for the LM-426-SA12 Mounting", Lord Kinematics Rept. PE77-002, January 1977.
- Klinchock, W.J. "Static and Dynamic Spring Rate Test, Report for the LM-426-SA14 Mounting", Lord Kinematics , Rept. PE77-003, January 1977.
- Best, S.G., "Propeller Balancing Problems", SAE Journal (Transactions), Vol. 53, No. 11.