This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Aeroacoustic Flight Test of Four Single Engine Propellers
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1983 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A flight test program has been conat the Aeronautical and Astronautical Research Laboratory (AARL) of The Ohio State University to measure performance and acoustic characteristics of four propellers designed for use on single-engine general-aviation airplanes. Three of the propellers were designed to reduce acoustic noise, while the fourth was a standard production propeller used for comparison. The tests show that notacible reduction in near-field noise was achieved at a constant propeller rpm, and that comparable aircraft performance may still be maintained.
|Technical Paper||Design of Quiet Efficient Propellers|
|Technical Paper||Applications of Advanced Upper Surface Blowing Propulsive-Lift Technology|
|Technical Paper||Advanced Supersonic Transport Propulsion Systems|
- G. M. Gregorek - The Aeronautical & Astronautical Research Laboratory, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- R. L. Newman - The Aeronautical & Astronautical Research Laboratory, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- G. T. Black - The Aeronautical & Astronautical Research Laboratory, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
CitationGregorek, G., Newman, R., and Black, G., "Aeroacoustic Flight Test of Four Single Engine Propellers," SAE Technical Paper 830731, 1983, https://doi.org/10.4271/830731.
- McCormick, Barnes W. Aerodynamics, Aeronautics, and Flight Mechanics John Wiley and Sons 1979
- Guenther, Dennis A. An Investigation of the Sound Generated by Low Speed, Small Diameter Rotating Blades Ph.D. Dissertation, The Ohio State University, Department of Mechanical Engineering 1974
- Woan, C.J. Gregorek, G.M. A Propeller Aero/acoustic Design and Analysis Methodology Final Report for NASA Lewis Research Center Grant number NSG-3247 (draft) 1982
- Herrington, R.M. Shoemacher, P.E. Bartlett, E.P. Dunlap, E.V. Flight Test Engineering Handbook AF Technical Report number 6273 (NTIS number AD-636392) 1951
- Martin, R.M. Farassat, F. Users' Manual for a Computer Program to Calculate Discrete Frequency Noise of Conventional and Advanced Propellers NASA Technical Memorandum 83135 1981