This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Review of NASA Antiskid Braking Research
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1982 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
NASA antiskid braking system research programs are reviewed. These programs include experimental studies of four antiskid systems on the Langley Landing Loads Track, flight tests with a DC-9 airplane, and computer simulation studies. Results from these research efforts include identification of factors contributing to degraded antiskid performance under adverse weather conditions, tire tread temperature measurements during antiskid braking on dry runway surfaces, and an assessment of the accuracy of various brake pressure-torque computer models. This information should lead to the development of better antiskid systems in the future.
|Technical Paper||High Temperature, High Frequency SiC Three Phase Inverter for Aircraft Applications|
|Technical Paper||The More Electric Engine Concept|
CitationTanner, J., "Review of NASA Antiskid Braking Research," SAE Technical Paper 821393, 1982, https://doi.org/10.4271/821393.
- Tracy, William V., Jr.: Wet Runway Aircraft Control Project (F-4 Rain Tire Project) ASP-TR-74-37 U.S. Air Force Oct. 1974
- Danhof, Richard H.; Gentry, Jerauld R.: RF-4C Wet Runway Performance Evaluation FTC-TR-66-6 U.S. Air Force May 1966
- Home, Walter B.; McCarty, John L.; Tanner, John A.: Some Effects of Adverse Weather Conditions on Performance of Airplane Antiskid Braking Systems NASA TN D-8202 1976
- Stubbs, Sandy M.; Tanner, John A.: Behavior of Aircraft Antiskid Braking Systems on Dry and Wet Runway Surfaces - A Velocity-Rate-Controlled, Pressure-Bias-Modulated System NASA TN D-8332 1976
- Tanner, John A.; Stubbs, Sandy M.: Behavior of Aircraft Antiskid Braking Systems on Dry and Wet Runway Surfaces - A Slip-Ratio-Controlled System With Speed Reference From Unbraked Nose Wheel NASA TN D-8455 1977
- Stubbs, Sandy M,; Tanner, John A.; Smith, Eunice G.: Behavior of Aircraft Antiskid Braking Systems on Dry and Wet Runway Surfaces - A Slip-Velocity-Controlled, Pressure-Bias-Modulated System NASA TP-1051 1979
- Tanner, John A.; Stubbs, Sandy M.; Smith, Eunice G.: Behavior of Aircraft Antiskid Braking Systems on Dry and Wet Runway Surfaces - Hydromechanically Controlled System NASA TP-1877 1981
- Tanner, John A.; Dreher, Robert C; Stubbs, Sandy M.; Smith, Eunice G.: Tire Tread Temperatures During Antiskid Braking and Cornering on a Dry Runway NASA TP-2009 1982
- Tanner, John A.; Stubbs, Sandy M.; Dreher, Robert C.; Smith, Eunice G.: Dynamics of Aircraft Antiskid Braking Systems NASA TP-1959 1982
- Home, Walter B.; Yager, Thomas J.; Sleeper, Robert K.; Smith, Eunice G.; Merritt, Leslie R.: Preliminary Test Results of Joint FAA-USAF-NASA Runway Research Program, Part II - Traction Measurements of Several Runways Under Wet, Snow Covered, and Dry Conditions With a Douglas DC-9, a Diagonal-Braked Vehicle, and a Mu-Meter NASA TM X-73910
- Skid Control Performance Evaluation Soc. Automot. Eng. Mar. 1 1968
- Lester, W. G. S.: Some Factors Influencing the Performance of Aircraft Anti-Skid Systems Tech. Memo. EP 550 British R.A.E. July 1973
- Brake Control Systems Antiskid, Aircraft Wheels General Specifications for Mil Feb. 24 1971
- McGowan, J. A.: Expansion of Flight Simulator Capability for Study and Solution of Aircraft Directional Control Problems on Runways - Appendixes NASA CR-145281 1978
- Straub, H. H.; Yurczyk, R. F.; Attri, N. S.: Development of a Pneumatic-Fluidic Antiskid System AFFDL-TR-74-117 U.S. Air Force Oct. 1974