This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
N 2 CARS Thermometry in Diesel Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1982 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
CARS* THERMOMETRY in diesel engine is reported. Spatially and time resolved spectra of N2 CARS spectrum considered both temperature and pressure dependence has been developed. Temperature distribution on 20mm below the cylinder head are measured at any crank angle. N2 CARS spectra obtained do not conform to any spectra of homogeneous N2 at 1 atmosphere because of high pressure and high temperature in the cylinder. So the simulation program which takes account of pressure narrowing has been developed. Though the results of calculations and experiments are coincident with each other, it would be complicated to derive the temperature from the contour of the N2 spectrum. A careful consideration, however, shows that the line width at 1/5 height is sensitive to temperature but rather insensitive to ambient pressure. In this experiment the temperatures are determined from 1/5 band width and temperature distributions in diesel engine cylinder based on CARS are obtained.
|Technical Paper||Investigation of Extreme Mean Effective and Maximum Cylinder Pressures in a Passenger Car Diesel Engine|
|Technical Paper||Experimental and Numerical Investigation of Inter-Ring Gas Pressures and Blowby in a Diesel Engine|
- Kouichi Kajiyama - Komatsu Ltd. Technical Research Center
- Kazuaki Sajiki - Komatsu Ltd. Technical Research Center
- Haruhiko Kataoka - Research Laboratory of Resources Utilization, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Shiro Maeda - Research Laboratory of Resources Utilization, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Chiaki Hirose - Research Laboratory of Resources Utilization, Tokyo Institute of Technology
CitationKajiyama, K., Sajiki, K., Kataoka, H., Maeda, S. et al., "N2 CARS Thermometry in Diesel Engine," SAE Technical Paper 821036, 1982, https://doi.org/10.4271/821036.
- Regnier, P.R. J.P.E. Taran, Appl. Phys. Lett. 23 240 1973
- Eckbreth, A.C. Hall, R.J. Proceedings of the 10th Materials Research Symposium on Characterization of High Temperature Vapors and Gases held at NBS Spt. 18 1973
- Stenhouse, I.A. et al Appl. Opt 18 3819 1979
- Eckbreth, A.C. Comb. and Flame 39 139 1980
- Greenhalgh, D.A. England, W.A. Peter, F.M. AERE Harwell
- Eckbreth, A.C. Appl. Phys. Lett. 32 429 1978
- Komiyama, K. Kajiyama. K. Okazaki, M. SAE Paper 800967
- Alekseyev, V. et al IEEE J. Quantum Electron. QE4 654 1968
- Hall, R.J. Verdiek, J.F. Eckbreth, Opt. Commun 35 69 1980
- Eckbreth, A.C. Hall, R.J. Verdieck. J.F. UTRC
- Hall, R.J. Greenhalgh, D.A. Opt. Commun 40 47 1982
- Kataoka, H. Maeda. S. Hirose, C. Kajiyama, K. Appl. Spectrosc.