This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Status of Automotive Electronics Worldwide
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1982 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper discusses the current status of worldwide automotive electronics applications beginning with a perspective on the accomplishments achieved to date through joint efforts by the automotive and electronics industries. Specific examples of recent applications which demonstrate a leadership position in the areas of Powertrain, Instrumentation, Vehicle Controls, Convenience and Entertainment are provided. Progress in electronics technology and specific needs for the future are presented and the paper concludes with an assessment of growth and opportunities - emphasizing a trend toward integrated electronic systems applications.
|Technical Paper||New Electronic Control System for Off-Highway Transmissions|
|Technical Paper||A Transmission Control System for Construction Machinery|
CitationRivard, J. and Haase, R., "The Status of Automotive Electronics Worldwide," SAE Technical Paper 820896, 1982, https://doi.org/10.4271/820896.
- Jones T. O. “The Challenge of Automotive Electronics in the U.S.A.” Paper presented at Convergence 74 in Troy October 1974
- Peters D. M. Gross A. C. “Sales of Auto Electronics Rev Up As Buyers Seek Better Performance, Fingertip Gadgetry.” Marketing News February 19 1982
- “Special Report on Electronics.” Wards Automotive Reports January 4 1982
- Jones T. O. Mazzola R. A. “The World Automotive Electronics Market.” Proceedings of International Seminar on Informatics for Energy Saving in Transportation, I. N. R. C./EEC June 1982
- Cole D. E. Harbeck L. T. “Detroit Plans a Comeback - Part II. Trends and Needs.” November 1980
- Cole D. E. Harbeck L. T. “Detroit Plans a Comeback - Part II. Trends and Heeds.” November 1980
- Pannier G. Loport A. “Electronic Control of Automobile Transmissions-“ Paper presented at S.A.E. International Congress and Exposition February 22–26 1982
- Cilibraise G. “The Second Generation Family of Ford Tripcomputers - The Tripminder.” Paper presented at S.A.E. International Congress and Exposition February 22–26 1982
- Muller R. Fournell H. D. “The BMW Boardcomputer, A Microcomputer System for Improved Information, Safety and Convenience.” Paper presented at Second International Conference on Automotive Electronics November 1979
- Gerstenmeier J. “Design and Function of an Antiskid System With Digital Electronics.” June 1982
- Jaumot F. E. “Electronics In The Automobile.” May 1980
- Orcutt J. W. “Printed Circuits Get a New Boarder: The Plastic Leaded Chip Carrier.” Electronics April 7 1982
- Orcutt J. W. “Plastic Chip Carriers, Their Advantage and Application.” March 1982
- El Rafaie M. “Chip-Package Substrate Cushions Dense, High-Speed Circuitries.” Electronics July 14 1982