This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Characterization of Exhaust Emissions from High Mileage Catalyst-Equipped Automobiles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1982 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper describes the characterization of regulated and unregulated exhaust emissions, particularly aldehydes, from ten 1978 and 1979 high mileage catalyst-equipped gasoline fueled automobiles which have been driven for approximately 50,000 miles. The ten automobiles were evaluated as-received and after a tune-up to manufacturer’s specifications, over the Light-Duty Federal Test Procedure (FTP) and the Highway Fuel Economy Driving Schedule (HFET). Exhaust constituents measured, in addition to the regulated emissions, include: aldehydes, particulates, sulfides, amines, and several additional compounds.
CitationSmith, L. and Carey, P., "Characterization of Exhaust Emissions from High Mileage Catalyst-Equipped Automobiles," SAE Technical Paper 820783, 1982, https://doi.org/10.4271/820783.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Urban C. M. Garbe R. J. “Regulated and Unregulated Exhaust Emissions from Malfunctioning Automobiles,” SAE Paper 790696 presented at the Passenger Car Meeting June 11–15 1979
- Urban C. M. Garbe R. J. “Regulated and Unregulated Exhaust Emissions from Malfunctioning Automobiles,” SAE Paper 800511 presented at the 1980 SAE Congress and Exposition February 25–29 1980
- Smith L. R. Black F. M. “Characterization of Exhaust Emissions From Passenger Cars Equipped with Three-Way Catalyst Control Systems,” SAE Paper 800822 presented at the Passenger Car Meeting June 11–15 1979
- Swenberg, J. A. et al “Induction of Squamous Cell Carcinomos of the Rat Nasal Cavity by Inhalation Exposure to Formaldehyde Vapor” Cancer Research 40 3398 3402
- Dietzmann H. E. Black F. M. “Unregulated Emissions Measurement Methodology,” SAE Paper 790816 presented at the Off-Highway Vehicle Meeting and Exposition, ECCA September 10–13 1979