This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Characteristics and Performances of Thick Film Pressure Sensors for Automotive Applications
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1982 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Taking advantage of thick film resistors piezoresistive properties, a certain number of pressure sensors has been developed for automotive applications.
The main applications are related to manifold pressure measurements in ignition and injection electronic systems for conventional and turbocharged engines, in oil and air monitoring systems for cars and heavy trucks, in diagnosis benches.
The new developed sensors fulfil the requirements for low cost, high performances and high reliability necessary in today automotive electronic control systems. On the other side they can also successfully replace the mechanical and conventional pressure sensors (i.e. LVDT, potentiometric) already used in the above mentioned applications.
|Technical Paper||A Bright Future for Thick Film Sensor|
|Technical Paper||High Pressure Thick Film Monolithic Sensors|
|Technical Paper||Integrated Hybrid Pressure Sensor Using a Piezoresistive Thickfilm Sensor Element|
CitationDell'Acqua, R., Dell'Orto, G., Forlani, F., Puzone, A. et al., "Characteristics and Performances of Thick Film Pressure Sensors for Automotive Applications," SAE Technical Paper 820319, 1982, https://doi.org/10.4271/820319.
- Holmes P.J. “Changes in thick film resistor value due to substrate flexure” Microelectronics and Reliability 12 395 397 1973
- Pike G.E. Seager C.H. “Electrical conduction in Ru-based thick film resistors” J. Appl.Phys. 48 5152 5161 1977
- Shah J.S. “Strain sensitivity of thick film resistors” IEEE Trans. on Component Hybrid and Manufacturing Technology, CHHT - 3 554 564 1980
- Canali C. Malavasi D. Morten B. Prudenziati M. Taroni A. “Piezoresistive effects in thick film resistors” J. Appl. Phys. 51 3282 3288 1980
- Dean M. “Semiconductor and conventional strain gauges” Academic Press New York 1972
- Bicking R.E. Johnson R.L. Wamstad D.B. “Totally Integrated Pressure Transducers” SAE Paper No. 810376 presented to the SAE International Automotive Congress Detroit February 23, 27 1981
- Holmes P.J. Loasby R.G. “Handbook of Thick Film Technology” Electrical Publ.Ayr. Scotland 1976
- Cattaneo A. Dell'Acqua R. Forlani F. Pirozzi L. “Low cost thick film pressure sensors” SAE Paper No. 800023 presented to the SAE International Automotive Engineering Congress Detroit 25-29 February 1980
- Patent Pending (already assigned in U.S.; Patent Number not yet available)
- Timoshenko S. Woinowsky-Krieger S. “Theory of plates and shelles” 2nd Edition McGraw-Hill New York 1959