This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Field Facial Injuries and Study of Their Simulation with Dummy
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1981 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
With drivers wearing 3-point seat belts, the head-steering-wheel impact occurs in most serious accidents, so inducing mainly face injuries.
In a first part, the authors analyze the injuries observed in a sample of 1180 belted drivers involved in frontal collisions, making a distinction, mainly for facial impacts, between injuries related to the properly so-called face and those to the skull and brain and the different possible lesional correlations.
In the second part are presented the results of work carried out in order to define a human face model adaptable to any type of Hybrid II or Hybrid III dummies' heads. The use of this model allows one to elaborate a new protection criterion for the face, destination of which should be to complete the head and skull protection criterion, such as the HIC (or another equivalent criterion which could possibly replace it).
CitationTarrière, C., Leung, Y., Fayon, A., Got, C. et al., "Field Facial Injuries and Study of Their Simulation with Dummy," SAE Technical Paper 811013, 1981, https://doi.org/10.4271/811013.
- Fayon A. Hartemann F. Tarrière C. Thomas C. Got C. Patel A. “La Ceinture de Sécurité. Théorie, Expérimentation, Mesure de son Efficacité sur 3000 Accidents Réels” published by the C.I.S.R., 34 avenue Marceau, 75008 Paris, Imprimerie Landais, 75010, Paris July 1979
- Thomas C. Faverjon G. Henry C. Tarrière C. Got C. Patel A. “Comparative Study of 1624 Belted and 3242 Non-Belted Occupants: Results on the Effectiveness of Seat-Belts” in Proceedings of the 24th Annual Conference of the American Association for Automotive Medicine, published by the A.A.A.M. October 1980
- Tarrière C. Fayon A. Hartemann F. Ventre P. “The Contribution of Physical Analysis of Accidents Towards Interpretation of Severe Traffic Trauma” in Proceedings of 19th Stapp Car Crash Conference San Diego Calif November 17/19 1975 published in SAE papers
- Leung Y.C. Lopat E. Fayon A. Banzet P. Tarrière C. “Lacerative Properties of the Human Skin During Impact” 3rd IRCOBI Conference, Berlin 1977 published by the IRCOBI Secretariat, ONSER, 109 ave. Salvador Allende, 69500 Bron, France
- Leung Y.C. Walfisch G. Got C. Patel A. Banzet P. Delmas A. “Etude d'une Face pour Tête de Mannequin” Report submitted at S.I.A. Symposium (Journées de la S.I.A.), published in “Ingenieurs de I'Automobile”, No. 3 1979 210 214
- Leung Y.C. Tarriére C. Fayon A. Banzet P. “Simulation de la Face Humaine sur un Modèle de Mannequin”, in” “Annales de Chirurgie Plastique”, published by the Editions de I‘Association d'Enseignement Medical des Hôpitaux de Paris, 46, Bd de Latour-Maubourg, 75340 Paris Cédex 07
- Tarrière C. Hartemann F. Fayon A. Banzet et P. Leung Y.C. “Prévention des Lésions de la Face. Le Rôle de la Ceinture de Sécurité et ses Limites”, in” “Journal de Médecine Légale, Droit Médical” 1981 193 212
- Warner C.Y. Niven J. “A Prototype Load Sensing Dummy Face Form Test Device for Facial Injury Hazard Assessment” 23rd A.A.A.M. Conference Louisville, Kentucky October 4 6 1979