This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Piston Ring Dynamics and Its Influence on the Power Cylinder Performance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1981 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The motion of the top and second piston rings and pressures at the top land and intermediate land were recorded in an operating single cylinder engine. The parameters were measured on a tight top land piston (close clearance), cutback top land piston (wide clearance) and an IH balanced pressure piston. Each piston design was evaluated with two different second ring end clearances and at two different speeds. Test results are evaluated and discussed.
|Technical Paper||Design and Development of a Novel Balancing System for Single and In-Line Twin Cylinder Engines|
|Technical Paper||The Effect of Tunable Resonators on the Volumetric Efficiency of an Engine|
CitationCurtis, J., "Piston Ring Dynamics and Its Influence on the Power Cylinder Performance," SAE Technical Paper 810935, 1981, https://doi.org/10.4271/810935.
- Graham N. A. Kendrick M. “Instrumentation for Measurement in Operating Engines” AE Symposium April 1978
- Wallace W. A. Petrak E. F. Maat G. J. Basiletti J. C. “The International Harvester New 300/400 Diesel Engines” SAE Paper 710555
- Munro R. Hughes G. H. “Current Piston and Ring Practice and the Problem of Scuffing in Diesel Engines” Diesel Engineers and Users Association U.K. March 1970
- Furuhama S. Hiruma M. Hikino K. “Axial Movement of Oil Rings” Masahi Institute of Technology. ISME 720-14 August 1972
- Furuhama S. Oda Y. Nakamura T. “A Study of Oil Loss through Piston Rings” Bulletin ISME 6 22 1963
- Parker D. A. Adams D. R. Munro R. “progress in Understanding and Control of Ring Lubrication” ASME 78-DGP-25 August 1978
- Shepler P. R. Willem E. F. Brunke E. C. “Small Bore Diesel Engine Testing Using the Factorial Technique to Evaluate Oil Control” SAE Paper 750770
- Parker D. A. Adams D. R. “Performance Predictive Techniques for Piston Rings” AE Symposium April 1975
- Culp J. B. Curtis J. M. “Application of Statistical Data to Improve Large Bore Engine Lube Oil Consumption” ASME 75-DGP-8 April 1975