This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Blow-By in Relation to Piston and Ring Features
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1981 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Theoretical considerations of the blow-by process in high speed diesel engines and comparisons' of computed and measured results are presented. A range of piston and ring features influencing blow-by are summarized and discussed, and engine test results demonstrating the effect of some of these are featured.
CitationMunro, R., "Blow-By in Relation to Piston and Ring Features," SAE Technical Paper 810932, 1981, https://doi.org/10.4271/810932.
- Furuhama Shiochi Hiruma Masaru Tsuzita Makoto “Piston Ring Motion and its Influence on Engine Tribology”. SAE Paper 790860 Milwaukee Sept 10-13 1979
- Moore S.L. Hamilton G.M. “The Piston Ring at Top Dead Centre”. I.Mech.E. November 1980 194 36
- Parker D.A. Stafford J.V. Kendrick M. Graham N.A. “Experimental Measurements of the Quantities Necessary to Predict Piston Ring-Cylinder Bore Oil Film Thickness, and of the Oil Film Thickness itself, in Two Particular Engines” I.Mech.E. Conference on Piston Ring Scuffing, Paper C71/75 May 1975
- Parker D.A. Adams D.S. Munro R “Progress in Understanding and Control of Ring Lubrication” Energy and Technology Conference and Exhibition Houston 5-9 November 1978 ASME Paper No. 78 DGP-25
- Munro R. Parker D.A. “Transverse Movement Analysis and its Influence on Diesel Piston Design” SAE Trans 1975 84 (Section 3) 2002-2013, Paper No. 750800
- Shepler Paul R. Weinberger Carl S. “Power Part Parameters Affecting Lube Oil Consumption and Blow-by in Small Bore, High Speed Diesels” SAE National Powerplant Meeting October 1969 Paper No. 690752
- Wacker E.A. Sander Wilfried “Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Piston Design for Low Blow-by and Oil Consumption” Energy Technology Conference and Exhibition, ASME November 1978 Paper No. 78-DGP-16
- Schelling H. “Oil Consumption and Blow-by” Mahle Symposium 1977 Paper 10
- Munro R. “Some Diesel Piston Features in Design Analysis and Experiment” SAE Milwaukee September 1979 Paper No. 790858
- McGeehan J.A. “A survey of the Mechanical Design Factors Affecting Engine Oil Consumption” SAE Milwaukee September 1979 Paper No. 790864
- Hayes B. “Piston Rings for Diesel Engines Effect of Keystone Angle on Oil Consumption” SAE Paper No. 710815 1971
- Dykes P. “Piston Ring Movement during Blow-by in High Speed Petrol Engines - The Motor Industry Research Association - England” Report No. 1947/R/12