This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation of Aircraft Seat Response to a Crash Environment
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1981 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A new structural analysis method is being developed for incorporation into the seat/occupant model (Program SOM-LA), which is intended for use in evaluating the crashworthiness of aircraft seats. The analytical technique is described, and its capabilities are demonstrated in the simulation of the dynamic test of an actual aircraft seat. Computer simulation results are presented and compared with the test data.
CitationColtman, J., Bolukbasi, A., and Laananen, D., "Simulation of Aircraft Seat Response to a Crash Environment," SAE Technical Paper 810612, 1981, https://doi.org/10.4271/810612.
- Laananen D. H. “Development of a Scientific Basis for Analysis of Aircraft Seating Systems, Final Report,” Federal Aviation Administration Contract DOT-FA72WA-3101, Report No. FAA-RD-74-130 Federal Aviation Administration Washington, D.C. January 1975
- Chandler R. F. Laananen D. H. “Seat/Occupant Crash Dynamic Analysis Validation Test Program,” Paper No. 790590 , presented at Business Aircraft Meeting Wichita, Kansas Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. April 1979
- Welch R. E. Bruce R. W. Belytschko T. “Finite Element Analysis of Automotive Structures Under Crash Loading,” IIT Research Institute Chicago, Illinois Report No. DOT-HS-801-467 U.S. Department of Transportation Washington, D.C. March 1976
- Yeung K. S. Welch R. E. “Refinement of Finite Element Analysis of Automotive Structures Under Crash Loading,” IIT Research Institute Chicago, Illinois Report No. DOT-HS-803-466 U.S. Department of Transportation Washington, D.C. October 1977
- Martin H. C. Carey G. F. “ Introduction to Finite Element Analysis,” McGraw-Hill, Inc. New York, New York 1973
- Garrison J. R Waldrup H. H. “The Bell Model 222,” Paper No. 770951 , presented at Aerospace Meeting Los Angeles, California Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. 14-17 November 1977