This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Evaluation of Passenger Car Noise Nuisance in Urban Traffic
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 01, 1980 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The present paper reports the urban driving statistical survey achieved by CCMC on a twenty three passenger car sample, driven in four European towns. Statistics of engine speed as well as statistics of power utilized have been worked out and related to mechanical characteristics of the vehicles.
From these preliminary works, CCMC has derived the engine speeds and loads which define, at best, the noisiness of the different passenger cars. These engine speeds and loads should be used during certification tests in order to get a better evaluation of their noise nuisance.
These works have been used as a basis for the drafting of various practical procedures. One of them has been elaborated in the 8th working group of SCI TC 43 of ISO and is now proposed as an international standard.
CitationFontanet, P., "Evaluation of Passenger Car Noise Nuisance in Urban Traffic," SAE Technical Paper 801432, 1980, https://doi.org/10.4271/801432.
- CCMC * report February 1977 Proposals for a new test procedure for the measurement of EXTERIOR NOISE OF PASSENGER CARS
- CCMC additionnal report September 1978 Proposal for a new noise test procedure for cars with automatic transmission
- US - EPA March 1977 Noise test development and validation program for light vehicles
- SAE September 1978 Proposed urban acceleration test to determine sound levels of passenger cars and light trucks
- GENERAL MOTORS July 1975 A survey of light vehicles operations GRAY R.F. Publication 6313 MILFORD PROVING GROUND
- WOLKSWAGEN June 1977 Representative measurement of the exterior noise level of passenger cars WOLFSBULG KARSTENS Dr
- INTERNOISE 75 Consideration of noise emission of road vehicles on urban streets in Japan August 1975 SAKAGAMI J. Traffic noise assessment by computer simulation model August 1975 SAKAGAMI J.