This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Articulated Vehicle Dynamic Analyses Using Equivalent Linearization Technique
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 01, 1980 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents the equivalent linearization technique as an engineering design tool used in assessing the ride quality of the articulated vehicle. This technique is employed with the objective of describing qualitatively and quantitatively the ride behavior of such vehicle, and evaluating the effect of system nonlinearities on the ride characteristics.
CitationEIMadany, M. and Dokainish, M., "Articulated Vehicle Dynamic Analyses Using Equivalent Linearization Technique," SAE Technical Paper 801421, 1980, https://doi.org/10.4271/801421.
- Walker H.S. Potts G.R. “Truck Vibrations … An Old Problem with a Modern Solution via Computer,” Proceedings of the National Meeting of the American Astronautical Society on Space Technology Applied to Earth Problems Las Cruces, New Mexico October 23-25, 1969
- Dokainish M.A. EIMadany M.M. “Dynamic Response of Tractor-Semitrailer Vehicle to Random Inputs,” Proceedings of the 5th VSD-2nd IUTAM Symposium on Dynamics of Vehicles on Roads and Tracks September 1977 237 255
- Dokainish M.A. EIMadany M.M. “Random Response of Tractor-Semitrailer System,” Vehicle System Dynamics 9 1980 87 112
- Ribarits J.I. Aurell J. Andersers E. “Ride Comfort Aspects of Heavy Truck Design,” SAE, Paper No. 781067 1978
- EIMadany M.M. Dokainish M.A. Allan A.B. “Ride Dynamics of Articulated Vehicles -A Literature Survey” Vehicle System Dynamics 8 4 1979 287 316
- Metcalf W.W. “The Ride Behavior of a Multi-Element Vehicle Traversing Cross-Country Terrain,” Cornell Aeronautical Laboratory, Cornell University Buffalo, New York 1961
- Van Deusen B.D. “Truck Suspension System Optimization,” Journal of Terramechanics 1973 9 2 83 100
- Potts G.R. Walker H S. “Nonlinear Truck Ride Analysis,” ASME Transaction, Journal of Engineering for Industry May 1974 597 602
- Iwan W.D. Yang J. “Application of Statistical Linearization Techniques to Nonlinear Multi-Degree-of-Freedom Systems,” Journal of Applied Mechanics 39 1972 545 550
- Atalik T.S. Utku T. “Stochastic Linearization of Multi-Degree-of-Freedom Nonlinear Systems,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics 4 1976 411 420
- Spanos P-T.D. “Linearization Techniques for Nonlinear Dynamical Systems,” Ph.D. Thesis California Institute of Technology 1977
- Hedrick J.K. Cooperrider N.K. Law E.H. “The Application of Quasi-Linearization to Rail Vehicle Dynamic Analyses,” Final Report, U.S. Department of Transportation, Contract DOT-TSC-902 Jan. 1978
- Dodds C.J. Robson J.D. “The Response of Vehicle Components to Random Road Surface Undulations,” Proc. 13, FISITA Congress, Paper 17-2D Brussels 1970
- Robson J.D. Dodds C.J. “Stochastic Road Inputs and Vehicle Response,” VSD 5 1975/76 1 13
- “Proposal for Generalized Road Inputs to Vehicles,” International Standard Organization Document No. ISO/TC108/WG9 (secretariat -2) 5 June 1972
- EIMadany M.M. “Random Response of Articulated Road Vehicles,” Ph.D. Thesis McMaster University Hamilton, Ontario 1979
- Atalik T. “Stationary Random Response of Nonlinear Multi-Degree-of-Freedom Systems,” Ph.D Thesis Duke University 1974