This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Flight Test Reliability Demonstration of Electronic Engine Controls
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1980 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Assuming an agressive development program, the reliability of digital electronic components is, in part, a function of total operating time. This paper predicts that a reliability evaluation program of transport engine digital electronic controls, conducted before the engine enters service, will improve the initial reliability of the control by a factor of two. Design, quality, and/or manufacturing process defects, exposed to the engine/ flight environment will be identified and corrected before the control enters service.
CitationNewirth, D. and Bosco, C., "Flight Test Reliability Demonstration of Electronic Engine Controls," SAE Technical Paper 801201, 1980, https://doi.org/10.4271/801201.
- Kuhlberg J. F. Newirth D.M. “The Digital Electronic Propulsion Control Systen -- Problems and Payoffs” AIAA Paper No. 74-1068 October 1974
- Newirth D. M. Muller H.G. “Engine Reliability with Electronic Controllers” 1975 Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium January, 1975
- Porter R. D. “The Influence of Microcomputer Technology on Propulsion Management Systen Design” SAE Paper 760507 May 1976
- Sevich G. J. Newirth D. M. “Economic Benefits of Digital Electronic Propulsion Controls for Advanced Commmercial Aircraft” SAE Paper 760508 May 1976
- Kamber P. W. Zimmerman W. H. et al “Progress in Electronic Propulsion Control for Commercial Aircraft” AIAA Paper No. 76-655
- Kuhlberg J. F. Zimmerman W. H. “Flight Test of All-Electronic Propulsion Control System” AIAA Paper No. 80-1147 July 1980
- Bazovsky Igor “Reliability Theory and Practice” Prentice Hall 1961