This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Test Facility for the Measurement of Heavy Vehicle Suspension Parameters
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 01, 1980 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A new facility for the measurement of the compliance, kinematic and coulomb friction properties of heavy vehicle suspensions is described. The facility may test single or tandem and front or rear suspensions. Test procedures for measurement of vertical and roll rates, kinematic and compliant steer effects are presented. Qualitative findings are discussed and example data is appended.
|Technical Paper||Estimation of Dynamic Rollover Threshold of Commercial Vehicles Using Low Speed Experimental Data|
|Technical Paper||Repeatability of the Tilt-Table Test Method|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Wheels - Lateral Impact Test Procedure - Road Vehicles|
CitationWinkler, C. and Hagan, M., "A Test Facility for the Measurement of Heavy Vehicle Suspension Parameters," SAE Technical Paper 800906, 1980, https://doi.org/10.4271/800906.
- Murphy, R. W. Bernard, J.E. Winkler, C.B. “A Computer-Based Mathematical Method for Predicting the Braking Performance of Trucks and Tractor-Trailers.” Phase I Report: Motor Truck Braking and Handling Performance Study Highway Safety Research Institute, University of Michigan September 15 1972
- Bernard, J.E. Winkler, C.B. Fancher, P.S. “A Computer-Based Mathematical Method for Predicting the Directional Response of Trucks and Tractor-Trailers.” Phase II Technical Report: Motor Truck Braking and Handling Performance Study Highway Safety Research Institute, University of Michigan June 1 1973
- Ervin, R.D. Winkler, C.B. Bernard, J.E. Gupta, R.K. “Effects of Tire Properties on Truck and Bus Handling.” Highway Safety Research Institute, University of Michigan December 1976
- Winkler, C.B. “Measurement of Inertial Properties and Suspension Parameters of Heavy Highway Vehicles.” SAE Paper No. 730182 January 1973
- Fancher, P.S. Ervin, R.D. MacAdam, C.C. Winkler, C.B. “Measurement and Representation of Truck Leaf Springs.” SAE Paper to be presented February 1980
- Nedley A.L. Wilson, W.J. “A New Laboratory Facility for Measuring Vehicle Parameters Affecting Understeer and Brake Steer.” SAE Paper No. 720473 May 1972