This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Vibration Aspects of Small Turbine Engines in Aircraft Installations
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 1980 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Vibrations experienced in PT6 and JT15D installations are reviewed. The JT15D turbojet vibrations are due primarily to rotor unbalances which may produce significant responses at some of the critical speeds. The PT6 turboprop vibrations are mainly caused by the propeller and, therefore, occur at low frequencies. PT6 gearbox vibrations at very high frequencies are of interest in the production process. Typical vibration problems are discussed.
|Technical Paper||POTENTIAL TECHNOLOGY IMPROVEMENTS FOR THE CF6 TURBOFAN|
|Technical Paper||Propeller Development for the Rutan Voyager|
|Technical Paper||The Background to Propeller Airplane Noise Regulations|
CitationBotman, M., "Vibration Aspects of Small Turbine Engines in Aircraft Installations," SAE Technical Paper 800617, 1980, https://doi.org/10.4271/800617.
- Beauregard J .P., “The Development of Small Gas Turbine Engines at UACL”. Can. Aeronautics and Space J., Vol. 17, 8, p. 308–322, Oct. 1971.
- Wrong C. B., “An Introduction to the JT15D Engine”. ASME 69-GT-119, Cleveland, March 1969.
- Cook D. L., “Development of the JT15D-1 Turbofan Engine”. SAE 720352, Wichita, March 1972.
- Plucinsky J.C., “Quiet Aspects of the Pratt & Whitney Aircraft JT15D Turbofan”. SAE 730289, Wichita, April 1973.
- Botman M., Blinco R.K., “Small Turbine Engine Integration in Aircraft Installations”. AGARD Propulsion and Energetics Panel 52nd Meeting, Cleveland, Oct. 1978. Conference Proceedings 248, pp. 23-1 to 12.
- Hogg G.M., “Environmental Factors Affecting the Installation and Operation of Gas Turbine Engines in Agricultural Aircraft”. SAE 781010, San Diego, Nov. 1978.
- Mak S.W., Botman M., “Substructures Analysis of Impeller Vibration Modes”. ASME 75-DET-112, Washington, D.C., Sept. 1975.
- Botman M., “Epicyclic Gear Vibrations”. J. of Eng. for Ind., Trans. ASME, Series B, Vol. 98, 3, p. 811–815, August 1976.
- Botman M., “Vibration Measurements on Planetary Gears of Aircraft Turbine Engines”. Fourth International Symposium on Air Breathing Engines, Orlando, April 1979. AIAA Proceedings 79–7012, pp. 103–110. Accepted for publication in J. of Aircraft.
- Botman M., “Experiments on Oil-Film Dampers for Turbomachinery”. J. of Eng. for Power, Trans. ASME, Series A, Vol. 98, 3, p. 393–400, July 1976.
- Botman M., Sharma R.K., “Experiments on the Transient Response of Oil-Film Dampers”. J. of Eng. for Power, Trans. ASME, Vol. 100,1, p. 30–35, January 1978.
- Sharma R.K., Botman M., “An Experimental Study of the Steady-State Response of Oil-Film Dampers”. J. of Mech. Design, Trans. ASME, Vol. 100, p. 216–221, April 1978.