This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Newly-Developed 1.5L CVCC Engine for Some 1980 Models
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1980 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper, the fuel consumpion and exhaust gas emission characteristics of a newly developed 1.5ℓ CVCC engine are compared with those of a conventional engine, the pressure and temperature of combustion gas in each cylinder are measured on real time in order to clarify the differences between these characteristics, arid combustion analyses are made on the basis thereof.
Basically, this CVCC engine differs little from original CVCC engines, in which, however, the auxiliary combustion chamber is located closer to the center of the main combustion chamber than in original ones and torch opening is modified to be of the multi-opening type so that the torch flame spreads all over the main combustion chamber. As a result, compared with conventional engines operated at the rich air-fuel ratio (14.7), the new CVCC engine is capable of provide, not only at the same air-fuel ratio, to be sure, but also in the lean range, a stable combustion which is small in the cycle variation, whereby the fuel consumpion and emissions are improved.
|Technical Paper||On the Emission-Combustion Temperature Relationship in the CVCC Engine|
|Technical Paper||NOx Emission and Fuel Economy of the Honda CVCC Engine|
|Technical Paper||Two Zone Combustion Modelling of Two Stroke Spark Ignited Catalytic Engine|
CitationYagi, S., Fujii, I., Nishikawa, M., and Shirai, H., "A Newly-Developed 1.5L CVCC Engine for Some 1980 Models," SAE Technical Paper 800321, 1980, https://doi.org/10.4271/800321.
- Date T. Yagi S. Ishizuya A. Fujii I. “Research and Development of the Honda CVCC Engine” SAE paper 740605
- Yagi S. Miyaki K. Fujii I. “Exhaust Emission Contorl in CVCC Engine System” 1978 JSAE Review
- Yagi S. Fujii I. Nishikawa M. Shirai H. “A New Combustion System in the Three-Valve Stratified Charge Engine” SAE paper 790439
- Yagi S. Fujii I. Watanabe M. Narasaka S. “On the Emission-Combustion Temperature Relationship in the CVCC Engine” SAE paper 760109
- Asanuma T. Babu M. K. G. Yagi S. “Simulation of Thermodynamic Cycle of Three-Valve Stratified Charge Engine” SAE paper 780319