This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Cumulative Damage Approach to Durability Route Design
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1979 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes the procedure used to design a stable concrete replacement for a gravel durability test road. The replacement road was designed analytically to match the cumulative fatigue damage of the gravel road and consisted of individual test events that existed on various vehicle proving grounds. Although this paper deals specifically with road replacement, the method could easily be adapted to road comparison, i.e. proving ground to proving ground or customer to proving ground.
|Technical Paper||Full Scale Road Simulated Endurance Test|
|Technical Paper||Cumulative Fatigue Damage due to Spectral Loading|
|Technical Paper||DESIGN OF RELIABLE ACCELERATED FATIGUE TEST PROGRAMS BASED ON REAL MARKET USE|
CitationSmith, K. and Stornant, R., "Cumulative Damage Approach to Durability Route Design," SAE Technical Paper 791033, 1979, https://doi.org/10.4271/791033.
- Smith K. N. Watson P. Topper T. H. “A Stress-Strain Function for the Fatigue of Metals,” Jnl. of Matls. JMLSA 5 4 767 778
- Tucker K. E. Langraff R. W. Bose W. R. “Proposed Technical Report on Fatigue Properties for the SAE Handbook,” SAE Paper 740279
- Juvinall R. G. “Engineering Considerations of Stress, Strain and Strength,” McGraw-Hill Book Company New York 1967
- Topper T. H. Wetzel R. M. Morrow JoDean “Neuber's Rule Applied to Fatigue at Notched Specimens,” Jnl. of Matls. JMLSA 4 1 200 209 March 1969
- Watson P. Topper T. H. “Fatigue Damage Evaluation for Mild Steel Incorporating Mean Stress and Overload Effects,” Fall Meeting Society Experimental Stress Analysis Boston, Mass. October 1970
- Beamgard R. S. Snodgrass K. P. Stornant R. F. “A Field Performance Prediction Technique for Light Truck Structural Components,” SAE Paper 791034 SAE Truck Meeting Fort Wayne, Indiana November 5 1979