This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
PREDICTION OF THERMAL LOADING OF SUPERCHARGED DIESEL ENGINES
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1979 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Experimental investigations were carried out on a high speed Diesel engine, where the heat fluxes to the different components piston, cylinder head, and liner were seperately determined by evaluating heat balances and measured steady state temperature fields. A comparison with the results of cycle simulations carried out with the equation for the local mean heat transfer coefficient suggested by the author around 15 years ago shows, that this equation is applicable to predict the heat losses to the cylinder walls and their influence on the process data as well as the steady state temperature fields occuring in the components during operation.
CitationWoschni, G., "PREDICTION OF THERMAL LOADING OF SUPERCHARGED DIESEL ENGINES," SAE Technical Paper 790821, 1979, https://doi.org/10.4271/790821.
- Beineke E. Woschni G. 39 1978 3
- Woschni G. Beineke E. Flenker H. Calculation of the Performance One- and Twostage Turbocharged Medium Speed Diesel -Engines Inst. Mech. Eng. Conference on Turbocharging and Turbochargers London April 1978
- Flenker H. Woschni G. 40 1979 1
- Woschni G. A Universally Applicabel Equation for the Instantaneous Heat Transfer Coefficient in the Internal Combustion Engine SAE Paper 670931
- Woschni G. 31 1970 12
- Woschni G. Anisits F. Experimental Investigation and Mathematical Presentation of Rate of Heat Release in Diesel Engines Dependent upon Engine Operating Conditions SAE Paper 740086
- Zapf H. Test results and operating data of highly supercharged medium speed four-stroke Diesel engines up to a mep of 27 bars CIMAC Report Barcelona 1975 2
- Bulaty T. 35 1974 6
- Link M. 1976
- Woschni G. Fieger J. Determination of local Heat Transfer Coefficients at the Piston of a High Speed Diesel Engine by Evaluation of measured Temperature Distributions SAE Paper
- Chen Wu-Jen 1976