This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Improved Radar Anticollision Device
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1979 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The authors describe an automotive anticollision device which uses pulsed radar and is controlled by a microprocessor. The radar and its control significantly reduce false target response, loss of braking due to multi-path signal cancellation and blinding from other radar equipped vehicles. Increased range with reduced false target response allows warning of an impending collision and effective automatic braking.
|Technical Paper||Microcomputer Controlled Radar and Display System for Cars|
|Technical Paper||Tire Pressure Warning System for Passenger Car Applications|
CitationFlannery, J., Sims, J., Brainard, S., and Ruderman, L., "An Improved Radar Anticollision Device," SAE Technical Paper 790456, 1979, https://doi.org/10.4271/790456.
- Allen, J.L. The Theory of Array Antennas MIT Lincoln Labs 1963
- Bachman, C.G. et al Techniques for Measurement of Reduced Radar Cross Sections, Part I Microwave Journal 6
- Chandler, R.A. et al Analysis of Problems in the Application of Radar Sensors to Automotive Collision Prevention U.S. Department of Commerce
- Flannery, J.B.
- Flannery, J.B. “Automatic Braking by Radar,” Automotive Engineering Congress Detroit, Michigan February 25 March 1 1974
- Fowle, E.N. The Design of Radar Signals The Mitre Corporation Bedford, Massachusetts June 1965
- Glegg, K.C.M. A Low, Noise C.W. Doppler Technique Proc. National Conference Aeron Electron Dayton, Ohio 1958
- Gunn, J.B. Microwave Oscillations of Current in III, IV Semi-Conductors Solid State Co. 1 88 91 September 1963
- Helstrom, C.W. Statistical Theory for Signal Detection New York Pergamon Press 1960
- Krage, M.K.
- Kraus, J.O. “Antennas,” McGraw Hill 1950
- Price, R. Error Probabilities for Adaptive Multichannel Reception of Binary Signals IT-8 S305 S316 September 1962
- Schultz, F.V. et al Measurement of the Radar Cross Section of a Man Proc. IRE 46 416 481 February 1958
- Skolnik, M. Radar Handbook McGraw Hill
- Wong, R.E. et al Final Report The Bendix Corporation
- Wong, R.E. Final Report - Collision Avoidance Radar Braking Systems Investigation - Phase II II The Bendix Corporation