This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Attenuation and Transport Delay Model for Single Point Closed-Loop Fuel Metering Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1979 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper presents a fuel modulation attenuation model for single point closed-loop fuel metering systems. The model calculates the attenuation of a metered air-fuel perturbation and the time delay in the transport of the perturbed signal from the metering point through the engine to the exhaust system as functions of the modulation frequency, engine RPM, intake manifold vacuum, and exhaust gas recirculation. Results are shown for a V-8 engine with sine wave, triangular wave and square wave modulations. It is found that the attenuation for the triangular wave is the highest and that for the square wave is the smallest. It is also found that in general the attenuation increases with increasing modulation frequency and increasing EGR, but decreases with increasing RPM. The model can be extended to study the attenuation and transport delay of other engines and wave forms.
CitationWu, H. and Blumberg, P., "An Attenuation and Transport Delay Model for Single Point Closed-Loop Fuel Metering Systems," SAE Technical Paper 790172, 1979, https://doi.org/10.4271/790172.
- Eisele H. Wessel W. “Application of closed-loop control to fuel metering” IEEE Control Conference on Automotive Electronics London, England July 6-9 1976
- Gorille, I. Rittmannsberger N. Werner P. “Bosch electronic fuel injection with closed loop control” SAE Paper 750368 , SAE Transactions 84 1975 970 977
- Spilski R. A. Creps W. D. “Closed loop carburetor emission control system” SAE Paper 750371 , SAE Transactions 84 1975 978 987
- Engh G. T. Wallman S. “Development of the Volvo Lambda-sond system” SAE Paper 770295 1977
- Gandhi H. S. Piken A. G. Shelef M. “Laboratory evaluation of three-way catalysts” SAE Paper 760201 1976
- Gandhi H. S. Piken A. G. Stepien H. K. Shelef M. “Evaluation of three-way catalysts, part II” SAE Paper 770196 1977
- Heyde M. E. Adawi M. K. Anderson D. H. Schroeder M. P. Delosh R. G. “Dynamometer test procedures for three-way catalyst screening” SAE Paper 770371 1977
- Wu H.
- Sherman R. H. Blumberg P. N. “The influence of induction and exhaust processes on emissions and fuel consumption in the spark ignited engine” SAE Paper 770880 1977
- Eckert E. R. G. Drake R. M. Jr., “Heat and Mass Transfer” second McGraw-Hill 1959